The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
I went to both shows, Monday was absolutely electric, their Stand In Line version was super fast, and Jimmy Sharman's Boxers is a fantastic song to hear live. Wednesday they played a lot of songs you wouldnt normally hear at a gig, they even played Wedding Cake Island

Reactions: 2 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah went Wednesday night, was great to be back at the Palais. As D85 mentioned, they did play a lot of songs you wouldn't normally hear. Wow, forgot how beautiful Wedding Cake Island is. My mate has the playlist, will try to post it although he struggled with a couple of songs.

Kind of regret giving up my tickets to Monday night to a mate, but made him super happy so that's a win.

Here's Monday night's 10,9,8.. in it's entirety:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah went Wednesday night, was great to be back at the Palais. As D85 mentioned, they did play a lot of songs you wouldn't normally hear. Wow, forgot how beautiful Wedding Cake Island is. My mate has the playlist, will try to post it although he struggled with a couple of songs.

Kind of regret giving up my tickets to Monday night to a mate, but made him super happy so that's a win.

Haven’t bootlegged versions come a long way in quality!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Haven’t bootlegged versions come a long way in quality!

I have some shockers from years ago, probably worth money but the sound ain't good.

The soundboard recordings which turn up these days can be very good, quite a few now being sold by various small record companies and even turning up in record shops.

DS

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/midnight-oil/2022/palais-theatre-melbourne-australia-63b03ae7.html

I went to both, Wednesday was great but Monday was simply next level.

Reactions: 1 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
on the powderworkers page on facebook you can find the audio for download from both monday and wednesday night