The New Punt Rd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The New Punt Rd

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
A solution for everyone, including the possums.

Move the stand to Kevin Barltlet Reserve.
Reading between the lines it seems likely the cost of moving a grandstand would be prohibitive. It's a large building! Then there are the ongoing costs of maintaining the building away from club premises.

punt-rd-grandstand.jpg

In some ways it would've been an easier decision in its former run-down state. If there are any feasible solutions then I'm sure interest groups will raise them before the bulldozers move in.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Reading between the lines it seems likely the cost of moving a grandstand would be prohibitive. It's a large building! Then there are the ongoing costs of maintaining the building away from club premises.

punt-rd-grandstand.jpg

In some ways it would've been an easier decision in its former run-down state. If there are any feasible solutions then I'm sure interest groups will raise them before the bulldozers move in.
I know. But surely Combover Park deserves it.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
It would make people feel better about the redevelopment if it could be done.

Just having a little joke. I'm sure it can't be.

Reminds me of one of KB's better sportman's night jokes. It goes along the line of during the drought the Richmond Council rang him to say they didnt have enough water to keep the Barltett Reserve grass green. KB says "no worries, just water half and dont mow the watered half. When the green grass gets long enough just comb it over".

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I thought the oval was already the same size as the MCG?

Didn't that happen during the last work that was done on it?

I think it's the same size as Eddyhead/Marvel/Colonial/Schitbox Or whatever it's called at the moment TBR

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I thought the oval was already the same size as the MCG?

Didn't that happen during the last work that was done on it?
I kept thinking that but the weight of numbers was that it was a good idea so assumed it hadn't happened. And some say the Punt Road wing but I call it the outer ....and they have just about eaten every inch of ground that side ..the 50m arc joins the boundary about 5m from Brunton Ave. and on the stand side there is no room in front of the Swinburne centre building. And there are a veritable Solar farm on the roof....tigers committed to renewables it seems, hopefully that isn't controversial.

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Whenever I go to the Punt Road Oval I think about watching my first VFL games from the Jack Dyer stand in the early sixties. No joy in this for my generation.

I also have zero interest in AFLW.

Reactions: 2 users