The Norm Smith medal for players who didn't get a vote | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Norm Smith medal for players who didn't get a vote

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
I watched it last night again too.

My favourite snap shot of the game. Danger was hurt. Danger gave up the chase after this.

1. Marlion Pickett.

he was everywhere all game. closing down space, tackling, smothering

and with 2.29 to go in the 3rd, Marlion sees the opportunity to put Dangerfield in hospital and seizes it. He closes the space, runs his body so his hip bone collects Dangerfield. He could have got him flush in the head, but he doesn't, because he is scrupulously fair. Dangerfield stays down for a while, only his physique saving him from being the 3rd player stretchered off. Marlion was millimetres away from completing a second fairy tale in consecutive grand finals, in game 20, from fulfilling all of our wildest dreams.

Would have gone with Nank as TC he was irrepressible and hard, Bolton and Shedda swapped, then a tied call for all other players in the yellow and black.
Did you see Marlion's tackle on Abblett? Pulled him down by the jumper instead of tackling him around his (arms) body. I thought that was a very conscious effort too to not hurt him any more.

Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Did you see Marlion's tackle on Abblett? Pulled him down by the jumper instead of tackling him around his (arms) body. I thought that was a very conscious effort too to not hurt him any more.
It looked like the whole team had made a conscious decision to keep him out there. It will come out to us in the public one day I hope.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
This is a good thread.
Everyone has justified a different outcome, everyone is right too.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users