The other games - The Semi Finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The other games - The Semi Finals

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It's pretty simple really.
We're supposed to be playing a full time professional SPORT n It's not Boxing, UFC or Muy Thai, it's Aussie Rules Football. Been a tradition for a hundred years to niggle a player carrying an injury or rough up an opponent by tummy tapping him etc. To the letter of the rules it's striking and illegal. They've introduced fines and supposedly free kicks for tummy tapping ( if they catch them ). Same rule applies to whacking a bloke on his elbow or hand or whatever, whether injured or not. It's still striking.

I'm old school enough not to be that bothered by it, but there were some shocking punches, elbows n coat hangers dished out by players years ago. The AFL has sanitised the worst of the crap out of the game, and is now working on polishing all shiny clean the last few areas of inappropriate behaviour. We are after all, far more civilized now than we were 30 / 40 years ago