The Poison Chalice | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Poison Chalice

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
After seeing Bowes & De Bruyne efforts last night.
I was thinking. The team that wins 'Trade' Period by the media. Turns to shiit very quickly.
Collingwood in 2018 when the got Beams,
Essendon have copped it with Sheilds trade.
Footscary with Treloar and currently with the dud from Freo. Sydney with Franklin. 10yrs huge investment NO Flags.
The only trade winners I've seen over the years, is us in 2016 with Caddy Prestia & Nakas.
And again us last year with 2 quality midfielders (prime in age) for less the what WC gave up for Kelly.
Nth look like the have done ok with Sneezell with sook going home.
The media these days are just unbearable.

Reactions: 5 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
After seeing Bowes & De Bruyne efforts last night.
I was thinking. The team that wins 'Trade' Period by the media. Turns to shiit very quickly.
Collingwood in 2018 when the got Beams,
Essendon have copped it with Sheilds trade.
Footscary with Treloar and currently with the dud from Freo. Sydney with Franklin. 10yrs huge investment NO Flags.
The only trade winners I've seen over the years, is us in 2016 with Caddy Prestia & Nakas.
And again us last year with 2 quality midfielders (prime in age) for less the what WC gave up for Kelly.
Nth look like the have done ok with Sneezell with sook going home.
The media these days are just unbearable.
There is some truth to that. Apparently dudoro and essendrugs ALWAYS win the trade period ( for the last 10 or so years at least), and look where they always are :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No Cameron and Geelong wouldn't have won last year Zips.
ST this thread is about the media once again.
When they declare clubs 'winners of the trade period'.
And everything turns to shitt the following season.
Examples The Beams trade.
Collingwood in the eyes of the media were flag favourites for 2019 after getting Beams.
Essendon after they secured 'can't kick' Sheilds.
Adelaide and Bryce Gibbs..
This year The Grundy trade, I haven't seen anything that Soldo wouldn't have done with Grundy in the 2 games this year. Geelong with Brunh & Bowes both are middle of the road footballers.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We all love Nakas (pick 46) but Collingwood gave away Witts in 2016 for picks 44+62.
He is top ruckman currently

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
The Grundy/Gawn combination is over after 1 week.

I feel sorry for Gawn. You don't like to see a great player get injured.

To be fair to him, he has done the hard yards early in his career both injury and results wise. This season would be one of high promise for those at Melbourne, and it looks like he might miss out on it.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I feel sorry for Gawn. You don't like to see a great player get injured.

To be fair to him, he has done the hard yards early in his career both injury and results wise. This season would be one of high promise for those at Melbourne, and it looks like he might miss out on it.
He won't miss out because without him the are rudderless, they won't go near winning it.
If he misses more then 8-10 weeks. Melbourne's season is over. I've never seen a ruckman miss a large chunks of footy and have influence in September. Maybe Clark Keating but was he actually ever really injured.