The Race for the 8 - Last 4 Games for the Contenders | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Race for the 8 - Last 4 Games for the Contenders

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If we bring the intent and effort that we brought against Geelong, then we should win all 4 games.

Our pressure rating was very high and only Geelong at their best could have absorbed it and found a way through it.

As long as we have a good run with injuries, and our players returning find form and fitness quickly, we should make finals and have a big say once there.

saw some good signs during the past couple weeks.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
haha wouldn't mind, haven't been beaten at Metricon since 2017, 11 game winning streak.

The game against GWS is looking likely to be at Metricon as covid cases are still high (141 today) in NSW. Or AFL could have it here at MCG/Marvel
The AFL hate us, so they will probably make us play at the MCG.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Feb 25, 2007
So we are down to the last 2 games. We do have 2 chances to make the 8 with the Eagles losing.

First and foremost we must beat GWS.

I hope GC then beat the bombers at Metricon, if bombers win the only way to leapfrog them is to beat gws and hawks more than they beat GC and Pies.
It's about 50-60 points but that would still be a long shot.

If Ess win both games and Richmond win both games, we can still make the 8 if west coast lose to the Lions at the Gabba which is more likely to happen than not.
As our percentage is superior to the eagles.

If for argument's sake we dropped one game or bombers dropped one we would need the eagles to also lose to Freo and GWS to lose to Carlton RD 23 at Marvel for us or bombers to jump into the 8.

The bottom line, Win our last 2 games and we should make the 8

Strap in, it's going to be a nerve-racking 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Sheesh, if we fall in to eighth with an 11-11 record, on percentage over what will probably be two other contenders, and win the flag, then I think the AFL will pull the system apart and re-build it from scratch. Can't have that happening can we?
Not saying I think it will happen. In fact I think more than likely it will be all over for us by the end of this round. But just consider the outcry!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I'd love to see Richmond get into the eight, just to see a bunch of heads explode.

Reactions: 4 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
We’ve got to win our next two
AND Hope Bris beat WCE

SO us and Essendon wrap up 7 & 8
Yep. My only concern is Brissy resting players in the last round as they already have a home final locked in and can't go up or down. They're locked in to 5th or 6th

Feb 25, 2007
Yep. My only concern is Brissy resting players in the last round as they already have a home final locked in and can't go up or down. They're locked in to 5th or 6th

Winning form is good form heading into finals, with the finals bye after RD 23 I highly doubt they will rest players as then it would be 3 weeks until they last played.