The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Re: The 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

We have a Grand Final thread. Cos we in the Grand Final.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003

This thread needs to remain permanently on top.

As many have said

WE HAVE A GRAND FINAL THREAD.

Big week coming up. Don't think my output at work is going to be any good.

Have taken the Thursday off and Monday, with a public holiday Friday gives me a nice 5 day break hopefully including a GF Win.

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne

Surreal feeling. I was so nervous watching the game that it didn't really sink in that we were going to be in the Grand Final!!!

I was old enough to enjoy our last premiership but it has been so long I have totally forgotten what it feels like and even how to embrace it.

If we win, I reckon I may faint as I tend to hold my breath when under extreme stress! Don't care, as long as when I wake up we have won that bloody cup!

I have butterflies already and just so damn excited that I cannot think of anything else at the moment.

:banana :banana :banana

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014

Haven't stopped grinning since half-way through that last qtr. Up until then I was always wary of how good GWS can play, how quickly they can score when given space to use their foot skills. In one sense...absolutely unbelievable, but then looking at how ferociously they attack the footy and how they can lock down an opposition and score well enough with skilled crumbing forwards...it's not so unbelievable at all. It's just different.
Who'd have thought Richmond would be setting a new benchmark for game-style in the AFL!

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

Had a bit of glance at some of the other internet forums (such as big footy).

Whereas most of the Richmond supporter base on forums like PRE and BF seem to be quite respectful and even have some level of admiration for Adelaide (contrast this with the demeanour of comments if we were playing Collingwood or Carlton for instance), the attitude from Adelaide fans towards Richmond is the complete opposite. No respect whatsoever, pretty much just derision.

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010

OMG this is fantastic & unbelievable - what a turnaround on last year!

This will be the first GF I've attended to see my beloved Tigers.

I watched 1982 & 1980 on TV.
I was lucky enough to go to the 1980 celebrations at Punt Rd.
My dad was a professional musician who played the trumpet in the band in the marquee on the Sunday celebrations - and he took me along.
Can you imagine my joy as a 15yo to be in the presence of my heroes in Roach, Jimmy Jess, KB, The general, The Flea, Cloke & Rainsey!?!
I still have the autographs in my book from that day.

In all those lean years Richo was the one who kept me coming back .... & now we've got Dusty who is head and shoulders above the rest!
He should win tonight (although so should KB a few times) but I'm prepared for a surprise just in case.

I can tell that Saturday is going to be an emotional one for me - bloody hell I'm getting choked up writing this post! :rofl

Go you mighty Tigers! Eat em alive!

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland

Panthera Tigris said:

Whereas most of the Richmond supporter base on forums like PRE and BF seem to be quite respectful and even have some level of admiration for Adelaide (contrast this with the demeanour of comments if we were playing Collingwood or Carlton for instance), the attitude from Adelaide fans towards Richmond is the complete opposite. No respect whatsoever, pretty much just derision.

I like that.

If only the Adelaide FC could have the same attitude and let us fly under their radar.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Chimp cleared to play - Check
Ellis cleared to play - Check
The lucky ones have confirmation of their tickets - Check
RFC putting on a big GF day on at PRO for all members - Check
Going in as underdogs - Check
Adelaide think they have already won the GF - Check

So far everything is on track. Let's hope Dusty is 100% fit. I wouldnt be surprised if he is carrying bruised, cracked or broken ribs. From what I've been told, cracked ribs are worse than broken ribs.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006

Team changes from last time we met (compared to prelim teams)

Out: Markov, Conca, Short, morris
In: Broad, townsend, Edwards, graham

Out: smith, hampton, milera
In: seedsman, greenwood, knight

i think this was the first game we went only one tall forward

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Panthera Tigris said:

Cocky bunch aren't they? They have a right to have some confidence but wouldn't want to be writing off RFC as most of them are doing. Interesting that some of the typical SA inferiority complex raises its head and they talk about interstate rivalry. The team that beat Geelong on Friday had 5 South Australians.....................and 15 Victorians!!

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004

Ice said:
Team changes from last time we met (compared to prelim teams)

Out: Markov, Conca, Short,
In: Broad, Houli, Edwards

Out: smith, hampton, milera
In: seedsman, greenwood, knight

i think this was the first game we went only one tall forward

Also..... Out: Morris In: Graham, Townsend. Houli played.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney

TigerTribe5 said:
OMG this is fantastic & unbelievable - what a turnaround on last year!

This will be the first GF I've attended to see my beloved Tigers.

I watched 1982 & 1980 on TV.
I was lucky enough to go to the 1980 celebrations at Punt Rd.
My dad was a professional musician who played the trumpet in the band in the marquee on the Sunday celebrations - and he took me along.
Can you imagine my joy as a 15yo to be in the presence of my heroes in Roach, Jimmy Jess, KB, The general, The Flea, Cloke & Rainsey!?!
I still have the autographs in my book from that day.

In all those lean years Richo was the one who kept me coming back .... & now we've got Dusty who is head and shoulders above the rest!
He should win tonight (although so should KB a few times) but I'm prepared for a surprise just in case.

I can tell that Saturday is going to be an emotional one for me - bloody hell I'm getting choked up writing this post! :rofl

Go you mighty Tigers! Eat em alive!

Snap - I was 16 in 82 - for thirty + years we have subsisted as fans on champion players not playing in a champion team. Now we are far more the latter than the former - with the exception of Trentin Dutchin

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010

Brettstigers said:
Snap - I was 16 in 82 - for thirty + years we have subsisted as fans on champion players not playing in a champion team. Now we are far more the latter than the former - with the exception of Trentin Dutchin

And they say we jump on the bandwagon brett! lol It has been a long journey though.

Us Tigers are the most loyal & passionate in the AFL!

Columbo

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 4, 2007

JoMamma said:

who could ever forget Morris' contribution that day....God bless him!

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016

losing the VFL is regrettable, but at least as the function of keeping the playing group honest this week. a good reminder that nothing is guaranteed.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Goal of the Year - Check
Brownlow Medalist - Check
Captain if the All Australian - Check

Bloody Hell, what a year we’ve had.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006

JoMamma said:

quite right, thanks

edited my post

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

Watching the Brownlow count reminds you how tight the competition is. And hence, how nothing is assured. Just because you make a GF this year, it certainly isn't a given, you'll play in another soon. Adelaide will be strong again (possibly adding Gibbs), GWS will learn and be thereabouts again (gifted too much talent to drop off), likewise Sydney, Geelong perhaps on a steady decline, Port will still be around, Collingwood, Carlton could show some resurgence and watch for Brisbane to improve vastly over the next 3 seasons.

Hopefully the boys can pull this one off, never know when you'll get the chance again.