The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Was he the same player who insisted that the mark Bolton took was touched and was still arguing the point while Richmond were lining up a goal a kick later on?
Nah, that was Menegola, what a sook he was too
2017 was the one for me, long suffering member had been to so many thrashing’s over the years and never thought I would see us salute again in my lifetime (I’m 60 just). Very fortunate to be an MCC member who had managed to get a GF ticket in the ballot for the previous 10 years or so but 2017 (and ‘19), you guessed it, missed out on a ticket both years so queuing up early the only other option.

Caught a train at 1.20am on the morning of the game and joined what was already a very long queue at around 1.55am. Night went really quick, but the stampede at around 6.00am for the compacting of the line nearly caused me to drop back a long way in the queue.
Gates opened at 8.00 I think and my Bombers Mate, a legend of a friend who joined me for the all night queuing ( did it again in 2019), charged up to level 3A and landed seats two rows from the front, prime viewing. Was a relief to get them as I’d been stressing we’d miss them due to the number of people already in the queue.
Went into city to the Squires pub and had an awesome lunch and many beers to settle the nerves. Plenty of Crows fans around , most pretty cocky confident that they’d salute. Got back to the G well in time to watch one of my favourite rock bands The Killers, and boy, they didn’t disappoint. Game started and Crows got the first two goals, and doubt crept in. But Caddy and Bachar goals settled that. After that, thought we were playing pretty good Richmond footy but never relaxed until Butlers goals in the last. Feeling of joy hearing the siren, and watching the players get their medallions is something I’ll remember forever.
Met another Mate in Swan St after the game and somehow managed to get into the London Tavern for what proved to be the best celebration night ever. So much happiness in one place and total strangers just hugging and buying anyone a drink was just the best. Managed to stagger out of there around 2.00am still not feeling too wrecked, despite the 1.00am start time.
Only downer was missing PRO the next day as the effects of GF day were something I just couldn’t overcome consoled my self by watching the replays of the QF, PF and GF shown in full on Ch7.
A day I’ll never ever forget.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I had tickets through the Grand Final guarantee for myself and the two boys and we were planning to fly in for the match from overseas, tickets were booked. Then a doctor's visit declared me unfit to fly. Decided not to go to one of the many pubs showing the match because the nerves wouldn't have been able to deal with it. Sat alone, at home, in front of the TV and when they showed Benny lose I lost the fight and bawled like an absolute baby. I would have watched the match another 2 or 3 times that night., each viewing the final Qtr was through tears. It was tough knowing I couldn't have been there for the drought breaker, but still there will be another day like that.

It was also my birthday that day. It was amusing to see that in the morning there were plenty of messages wishing me luck for the Grand Final and nothing else. Only after we won did family and close friends start the birthday wishes. Even they knew what as more important on the day.

Reactions: 9 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
I had tickets through the Grand Final guarantee for myself and the two boys and we were planning to fly in for the match from overseas, tickets were booked. Then a doctor's visit declared me unfit to fly. Decided not to go to one of the many pubs showing the match because the nerves wouldn't have been able to deal with it. Sat alone, at home, in front of the TV and when they showed Benny lose I lost the fight and bawled like an absolute baby. I would have watched the match another 2 or 3 times that night., each viewing the final Qtr was through tears. It was tough knowing I couldn't have been there for the drought breaker, but still there will be another day like that.

It was also my birthday that day. It was amusing to see that in the morning there were plenty of messages wishing me luck for the Grand Final and nothing else. Only after we won did family and close friends start the birthday wishes. Even they knew what as more important on the day.

The Prelim vs GWS i was in HK for meeting (for 10 days- so left there directly for GF as i had told the Mrs if we made it and i got a ticket, im off directly...)...

The Prelim that morning i debated to go to one of many pubs in HK showing the game, decided to watch in my hotel with a stocked bar fridge, i knew i would be going nuts and didnt want to bring that to a pub..

What a day that was, only towards mid way 4th qtr was i starting to believe.... Reckon i was more nervous for the prelim, as we went into GF with the underdog tag i convinved myself if we lost then no shame, but in the off chance of us getting up, i just had to be there...

Without a doubt the best sporting moment of my life... My mum a mad tigers supporter who took me and my brother since we were 4 years old to games had passed 18 months earlier, so it was a touch sad but also a very proud moment.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Loved them all, but 2017 was my favourite. It made up for all those games where I hoped we wouldn’t embarrass ourselves, all the crap we got from everywhere for being so inept. To see Adelaide so supremely confident and rub their noses in it made it even better.

Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
2017 for another reason. It came seemingly out of nowhere. 2016 was awful, it was like a return to the bad old days. Then to go on and win the whole thing, it added to the dreamlike feel of it all.

Reactions: 7 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
So many great stories in this thread, it's a heartwarming read.

I've told bits of this before but here's mine now that it's safe for me to share without danger of losing a job!

I'd never been to a Grand Final before, I'd had many opportunities but didn't want to go until we were in it. After the Geelong win I was super confident, so I put my hand up to work at the under 18 all star game curtain raiser, because that meant I'd get two tickets as opposed to the one I could access anyway, thus keeping me in the good books with the wife.

Spent the eve in an AFL comped room at the Pullman, on the same floor as lots of the Crows but resisted the urge to knock and run on a few doors in the middle of the night, and then wandered over to the G nice and early (witnessed the dash described by Tigerfan31 above so probably saw him!).

Fortunately the early game was pretty uneventful as my mind was elsewhere and upon heading back into the rooms I made sure to tuck my on-field accreditation into my shirt so I could leave without handing it in.

Bit more AFL hospitality for lunch and then into my seat well before the first bounce to make sure I didn't miss a moment. Was completely on edge for the entire game, fell back into cricket superstitions and didn't leave my seat at halftime, despite food and drink being on out the back so the wife had to act as waiter.

Watching the replay, it was ridiculous how deep into the game I was still terrified. Even a couple of late Adelaide goals had me jumpy and the game was ours for at least 10 minutes at that stage.

When the siren went it was pure jubilation. Felt as close to being a part of it as any sporting moment I've ever experienced. The mixture of joy, relief, disbelief created a state that was almost shock.

I remember trying to sing the song at one stage and words wouldn't come out. After weighing up whether it was worth risking my job and at my wife's encouragement I decided to roll the dice on the fact my accreditation would work.

A quick change out of the Tiger's polo and back into the AFL gear and I was back into the rooms and down the race and on the ground. Apart from the doorman, security didn't look twice at me, they were all loving the moment as well.

I'd arrived on ground just as everyone was gathering for the presentation, I'd come from the Adelaide side of the ground so quickly skirted around to the Tigers camp. There's an overhead shot where I'm standing about 5 steps behind Brendon and Peggy, after which my phone lit up with a combination of 'legend' and 'what the hell are you doing?' messages.

The scenes then were incredible to watch. The roar when the cup went up was unreal. You could hear the players screaming for about 3 seconds before the wall of sound from the crowd hit and drowned everything out. I then did my own slow lap of honour from the inside, watching the scenes of jubilation around the fences.

I was just about to head back to find my wife when a fella I used to know from my hometown jumped into my back. After a quick hug and a look at his medals the players had gathered to head in and he asked me to come. Needless to say I didn't need to be asked twice.

To be tucked in the corner while the entire list and staff belted out the song (no issue with the words coming out this time) was incredible and the hour of so afterwards was a dream.

With the sponsors product flowing I took photos of Dustin and his family with the cup (no surprise that anytime he wanted the cup it appeared 5 seconds later while I suspect others couldn't get near it) and then I was lucky enough to get a photo with Dustin and I with the cup, me wearing his medal (Norm Smith had long gone by that stage) which I had blown up to poster sized, framed and now sits in pride of place in my bar.

After a while the players and coaches took off for some private time and I had a couple more with some of the player's families and the Richmond staff and a chat with Brandon Gale, who was the happiest man in the room I reckon.

At one point Hardwick reappeared to have a beer with the trainers and on introduction the 6 beers got hold of me and I admitted I would have sacked him in 2016. One of those moments where you wanted to ram the words back in your mouth as soon as you said them. Luckily he laughed and said I would have as well. Top shelf fella.

With that I wandered out and met the wife, we had plans of watching the Killers again and then heading out but I was done. Completely and utterly content and not wanting or needing another thing. And anytime I think back to that day I have the same feeling, all my troubles slip away and I feel that wamr glow again. I hope the players know just what it does for so many of us.

I'm gunna to do some forensic analysis of that tape and when I hear the.....
"Riccchhho .....Riccchhho...... Riccchhho....." chant, as the great man heads on stage......

If I see someone else fraudulently stealing that moment, arms aloft in the middle of the G ..... that's it....... you're outed!

Ps... great story ....!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

I've told bits of this before but here's mine now that it's safe for me to share without danger of losing a job!

I'd never been to a Grand Final before, I'd had many opportunities but didn't want to go until we were in it. After the Geelong win I was super confident, so I put my hand up to work at the under 18 all star game curtain raiser, because that meant I'd get two tickets as opposed to the one I could access anyway, thus keeping me in the good books with the wife.

Spent the eve in an AFL comped room at the Pullman, on the same floor as lots of the Crows but resisted the urge to knock and run on a few doors in the middle of the night, and then wandered over to the G nice and early (witnessed the dash described by Tigerfan31 above so probably saw him!).

Fortunately the early game was pretty uneventful as my mind was elsewhere and upon heading back into the rooms I made sure to tuck my on-field accreditation into my shirt so I could leave without handing it in.

Bit more AFL hospitality for lunch and then into my seat well before the first bounce to make sure I didn't miss a moment. Was completely on edge for the entire game, fell back into cricket superstitions and didn't leave my seat at halftime, despite food and drink being on out the back so the wife had to act as waiter.

Watching the replay, it was ridiculous how deep into the game I was still terrified. Even a couple of late Adelaide goals had me jumpy and the game was ours for at least 10 minutes at that stage.

When the siren went it was pure jubilation. Felt as close to being a part of it as any sporting moment I've ever experienced. The mixture of joy, relief, disbelief created a state that was almost shock.

I remember trying to sing the song at one stage and words wouldn't come out. After weighing up whether it was worth risking my job and at my wife's encouragement I decided to roll the dice on the fact my accreditation would work.

A quick change out of the Tiger's polo and back into the AFL gear and I was back into the rooms and down the race and on the ground. Apart from the doorman, security didn't look twice at me, they were all loving the moment as well.

I'd arrived on ground just as everyone was gathering for the presentation, I'd come from the Adelaide side of the ground so quickly skirted around to the Tigers camp. There's an overhead shot where I'm standing about 5 steps behind Brendon and Peggy, after which my phone lit up with a combination of 'legend' and 'what the hell are you doing?' messages.

The scenes then were incredible to watch. The roar when the cup went up was unreal. You could hear the players screaming for about 3 seconds before the wall of sound from the crowd hit and drowned everything out. I then did my own slow lap of honour from the inside, watching the scenes of jubilation around the fences.

I was just about to head back to find my wife when a fella I used to know from my hometown jumped into my back. After a quick hug and a look at his medals the players had gathered to head in and he asked me to come. Needless to say I didn't need to be asked twice.

To be tucked in the corner while the entire list and staff belted out the song (no issue with the words coming out this time) was incredible and the hour of so afterwards was a dream.

With the sponsors product flowing I took photos of Dustin and his family with the cup (no surprise that anytime he wanted the cup it appeared 5 seconds later while I suspect others couldn't get near it) and then I was lucky enough to get a photo with Dustin and I with the cup, me wearing his medal (Norm Smith had long gone by that stage) which I had blown up to poster sized, framed and now sits in pride of place in my bar.

After a while the players and coaches took off for some private time and I had a couple more with some of the player's families and the Richmond staff and a chat with Brandon Gale, who was the happiest man in the room I reckon.

At one point Hardwick reappeared to have a beer with the trainers and on introduction the 6 beers got hold of me and I admitted I would have sacked him in 2016. One of those moments where you wanted to ram the words back in your mouth as soon as you said them. Luckily he laughed and said I would have as well. Top shelf fella.

With that I wandered out and met the wife, we had plans of watching the Killers again and then heading out but I was done. Completely and utterly content and not wanting or needing another thing. And anytime I think back to that day I have the same feeling, all my troubles slip away and I feel that wamr glow again. I hope the players know just what it does for so many of us.
Wonderful story TBR.
When you’re on your trek across the Nullarbor, I’m in no doubt that if you replay those moments it will help pass the time and the warm glow will get even larger :giggle:

• Wow

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
The elation after the final siren of the PF is something I’ll never forget. Tiger supporters standing around singing the song half a dozen times, high fiving tiger fans I’d never met before but felt I knew them, and the knowledge that we had finally made a Grand Final. Only concern was Cotchys report and the devastation if he was suspended and missed the GF( I had experienced this in the past when Neville Crow missed a premiership thanks to an act of staging by John Nicholls). Fortunately Cotchy got off and my confidence was starting to build that we were a pretty good chance to win.
Went to the GF parade at the G and the highlight was seeing our boys up on the stage. They were clearly happy, relaxed and enjoying the moment. On the other side of the stage was the complete opposite.....no smiles, blank looks.....My confidence grew more.
Down to Swan St for lunch, bumped into Waleed Aly for the fourth time that day, told him off for stalking us and he had a great laugh. The vibe was building.
Next stop was The London as I knew there were a few PREnders there. Problem was I had never met anyone before, but soon saw a group and had the pleasure of meeting MrB, Taz, Caesar, ToO, Leysey, TOT70 and a few others. Such a welcoming group of passionate tigers. Great session, excitement building more.
On the walk up to the station we called by the Dusty mural in Rowena Pde and up past our old house.
GF morning and I’m really excited. Had managed a seat for myself in MCC ballot with a few friends, got a ticket for missus in RFC ballot and a ticket to PRO for daughter.
As we were making our final approach to the ground through the car park crossed paths with Benny Gale, shook hands, wished him luck. Confidence building even more.
The game was magnificent. So proud of our players. A couple of beers in MCC, queued up for a Premiership T-shirt, met the family and headed to Swan St. Bought a couple more T-shirt’s from a bloke with a van behind Richmond Station.
Swan Street going off of course, fantastic atmosphere, stayed for an hour or so.
Went home, more beer and watched the replay twice.
One of the best days ever!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Strange when you don't see the obvious.

Just noticed that we've been wearing the AFL gold logo with 'Premiers' on it this year, last year and in 2018.

Now back to the red one.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008

Bloody fantastic. A day ripped out of the magazine of dreams.

Reactions: 3 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004

Just noticed that we've been wearing the AFL gold logo with 'Premiers' on it this year, last year and in 2018.

Now back to the red one.
I did not know that, I just thought it was just the worst coloured AFL logo of all time!

Last edited:

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

Now back to the red one.
I would gladly have that gold logo on the guernsey yearly, considering it means we have this :cupgold

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
all 3 were special ,

But 17 will always be the most special ,

its been a while but reading this thread has put me in the mood to watch that GF again :)

Reactions: 9 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I often think back on my mindset through out the whole 2017 season, and even prior.

We'd had the dissapointment of the 2016 season and to be honest i was down in the mouth on Dimma as it seemed that every Elimination final loss had caused him to go more and more down the line of ball protection to the point where we had a putrid game plan. We triedto open our game plan up in 2015 and found ourselves near the bottom half way through the year as we were getting cut apart on the rebound. We reverted back to that putrid style and won a string of games to make finals and then get smashed out again.

We recruited well in the pre-season, but i wasn't happy about us giving up a first round pick for Dion Prestia. I can remember an interview with Jack Reiwoldt on SEN where he spoke about the new vibe on the training track and how much he was enjoying basically being another coach to the kids we were trying as forwards. He spoke glowingly of Caddy, Prestia and Nankervis and you start feeling a fraction bullish, then the interviewer asked about our ability to cover the loss of Tyrone Vickery, and Jack mentions Ben Griffiths. I then started pondering Griffiths ability to stay on the park, and what we had in reserve if he couldnt. The answer to that was virtually zero. Jack then started talking about the other forwards. Rioli (barely 10 games) Castagnia (barely 10 games), Butler (zero games) and i thought to myself 'we're truly f*%ked.

Pre season rolls in, and we seem to have a real appetite for the competition. REal stuff starts and other than a few hiccups, we are actually really good to watch. We're hungry, we tackle in packs and we are reasonably aggressive with the ball - but not super aggressive.

We have the let downs of the 3 close losses, and then we start rolling again, the disaster in the StKilda game where you're left thinking it's so bad that it shouldn't even count.

The thing is though, that in the last 8 or 9 rounds, the pressure was still hot, but the aggression with the ball movement had gone up a notch or two, and i think this is something that the wider footy community had missed, hence the fact we were being under-rated. I remember saying to one of my brothers around round 15 "you konw. we're in this right up to our eyelballs"!

For Dimma to re-invent himself over one pre-season, and you can't under estimate what a rebuild of our system it was. It was like comparing chalk and cheese. To this day, it staggers me that he isn't talked about in the same breath as Clarkeson, and that's coming from someone that would have gladly seen the back of him after the 2016 season. I'm very glad it was people like Peggy O'Niell and Benny Gale in charge of the club and not me! Our whole last 5 years could have been so different had they not held their nerve.

Goin into the finals, had you made up a ladder from the past 10 or 11 rounds, i think you'd have found Richmond would have been a few games on top with a thumping percentage, but still the media "experts" weren't rating us.

I know that watching the Preliminary final, i was more worried about the result at 3 qtr time of that game than i was the GF at half time. Although the margin was fairly close in the GF, you could just see we were sucking the life out of the Crows. They just looked impotent and unable to transition from defence to attack.

To this day i still get a tear in my eye remembering the emotion of that day. Last round of 2016 and i remember thinking "I will never experience another GF victory with my mum, who'd just turned 80 at the time. Over the years we could never get her to go to a footy game, until 2004. From that moment she was always first dressed to go out the door, and i'd bought her a 3121 membership every year. To sit next to her with my brother and watch that victory was completely priceless.

She's 84 now, and we can't get her to even contemplate going anymore because of her fear of Covid. I've spoken to the club about her membership, and at this stage i haven't been able to bring myself to drop it. The club are reminding me of the watiing list should i drop it, and have suggeted if she can't come maybe i have another familiy memeber that will take it on. Time will tell.

It's been an amazing ride with this club, and i hope this group have another left in them. I've heard Dimma alking about having to revert back to a long pitch game plan because of the standing the mark rule. To be honest that terrifies me. It also angers me that no teams could break our game plan down, so the AFL sees fit to step in and do that for the opposition.

I sincerely hope we see the lowest scores for the last 50 years posted in 2022, and that the Coleman medalist barely reaches 40 goals. Then Shocking can carry that around as his legacy to the game.

Reactions: 14 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It's been an amazing ride with this club, and i hope this group have another left in them. I've heard Dimma alking about having to revert back to a long pitch game plan because of the standing the mark rule. To be honest that terrifies me. It also angers me that no teams could break our game plan down, so the AFL sees fit to step in and do that for the opposition.
Disgraceful the amount of work the AFL cockroaches put into adjusting the game plan over several years, to shut down all our systems n game plans.
I sincerely hope we see the lowest scores for the last 50 years posted in 2022, and that the Coleman medalist barely reaches 40 goals. Then Shocking can carry that around as his legacy to the game.
Got me a horrible feeling that the game changes are going to make it virtually impossible for teams to get a game back on an even keel once a side gets a run on.
Very evenly matched sides might still provide some decent contests, but it will be more sharp explosive bursts rather than a powerful arm wrestle.
As for games of experienced top of the ladder sides V young developing sides, there might be a contest for a qtr or two n then the tsunami will hit n sides will get run through like a heavy dose of gastro.
Gilligan n his mates will love it because there'll be goal fests n lots n lots of commercials n hype. Fans will hate it because too many games will no longer be a contest.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I often think back on my mindset through out the whole 2017 season, and even prior.

We'd had the dissapointment of the 2016 season and to be honest i was down in the mouth on Dimma as it seemed that every Elimination final loss had caused him to go more and more down the line of ball protection to the point where we had a putrid game plan. We triedto open our game plan up in 2015 and found ourselves near the bottom half way through the year as we were getting cut apart on the rebound. We reverted back to that putrid style and won a string of games to make finals and then get smashed out again.

We recruited well in the pre-season, but i wasn't happy about us giving up a first round pick for Dion Prestia. I can remember an interview with Jack Reiwoldt on SEN where he spoke about the new vibe on the training track and how much he was enjoying basically being another coach to the kids we were trying as forwards. He spoke glowingly of Caddy, Prestia and Nankervis and you start feeling a fraction bullish, then the interviewer asked about our ability to cover the loss of Tyrone Vickery, and Jack mentions Ben Griffiths. I then started pondering Griffiths ability to stay on the park, and what we had in reserve if he couldnt. The answer to that was virtually zero. Jack then started talking about the other forwards. Rioli (barely 10 games) Castagnia (barely 10 games), Butler (zero games) and i thought to myself 'we're truly f*%ked.

Pre season rolls in, and we seem to have a real appetite for the competition. REal stuff starts and other than a few hiccups, we are actually really good to watch. We're hungry, we tackle in packs and we are reasonably aggressive with the ball - but not super aggressive.

We have the let downs of the 3 close losses, and then we start rolling again, the disaster in the StKilda game where you're left thinking it's so bad that it shouldn't even count.

The thing is though, that in the last 8 or 9 rounds, the pressure was still hot, but the aggression with the ball movement had gone up a notch or two, and i think this is something that the wider footy community had missed, hence the fact we were being under-rated. I remember saying to one of my brothers around round 15 "you konw. we're in this right up to our eyelballs"!

For Dimma to re-invent himself over one pre-season, and you can't under estimate what a rebuild of our system it was. It was like comparing chalk and cheese. To this day, it staggers me that he isn't talked about in the same breath as Clarkeson, and that's coming from someone that would have gladly seen the back of him after the 2016 season. I'm very glad it was people like Peggy O'Niell and Benny Gale in charge of the club and not me! Our whole last 5 years could have been so different had they not held their nerve.

Goin into the finals, had you made up a ladder from the past 10 or 11 rounds, i think you'd have found Richmond would have been a few games on top with a thumping percentage, but still the media "experts" weren't rating us.

I know that watching the Preliminary final, i was more worried about the result at 3 qtr time of that game than i was the GF at half time. Although the margin was fairly close in the GF, you could just see we were sucking the life out of the Crows. They just looked impotent and unable to transition from defence to attack.

To this day i still get a tear in my eye remembering the emotion of that day. Last round of 2016 and i remember thinking "I will never experience another GF victory with my mum, who'd just turned 80 at the time. Over the years we could never get her to go to a footy game, until 2004. From that moment she was always first dressed to go out the door, and i'd bought her a 3121 membership every year. To sit next to her with my brother and watch that victory was completely priceless.

She's 84 now, and we can't get her to even contemplate going anymore because of her fear of Covid. I've spoken to the club about her membership, and at this stage i haven't been able to bring myself to drop it. The club are reminding me of the watiing list should i drop it, and have suggeted if she can't come maybe i have another familiy memeber that will take it on. Time will tell.

SHocking already has a retched legacy, stats show his rule changes have done more harm than good re: scoring & the game itself.
Here's the proof, the season '21 table is far from complete but u can guess which way it went...
As for '17, i can't split the flags but '17 is the most special as u say because of what had gone before it. We didn't truly beleive till after we'd smashed the Cats in the QF, it wasn't that we won, it was how we did it, that game really should have been over at half time had we been able to convert on the scoreboard early in the game. Half time in the GF we knew the game was in our favour, looking at the Finals both sides had played, they'd blown sides away early & held them at bay, ours were close at half time & we ran over the top of them, for them to win it they'd have had to go 4 1/4 for the 1st time since H&A season whereas we just had to repeat what we'd done in the Finals to that point. U can hear the roar from Houli's goal, at that stage they'd thrown everything at us & we'd just hit the front, u can tell by the roar that although we didn't know it yet, we just knew.

Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Hey sHocking - gagf
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users