The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Re: Vale Wendy Hughes and Roy Higgins

Both great Aussies RIP.

Roy Higgins was great to listen to for the late mail. If you followed him over the years you could have made a $.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Re: Vale Wendy Hughes and Roy Higgins

Always remember seeing Roy the Boy on World of Sport talking horse racing with Bill Collins, Rollo Roylance, Jack Elliott etc.

I read Roy had to smoke and smoke in an effort to keep him from eating and putting on weight, RIP Roy.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just thought I'd start an RIP thread rather than have one for each occassion....

RIP Errol Brown from Hot Chocolate. So many classic songs.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This was also my thought a while back timmy. Good idea IMO.

RIP to Errol.....bloody cancer...

I might as well add what I only found out last week, but happened 3 months ago. RIP to Steve Strange. One of the master pioneers of New Wave music.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
TigerForce said:
This was also my thought a while back timmy. Good idea IMO.

RIP to Errol.....bloody cancer...
[/quote
sorry, didnt mean to pinch your idea TF.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I read yesterday that Suzanne Crough had died - she was the actress who played Tracy, the little girl on The Partridge Family.
What suprised me was that it happened over a week ago and I only read about it now. It's the kind of thing you normally hear about straight away.
Struck a nerve because she was the same age as me.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Very sad to hear about BB, the last of the three great 'Kings' of the Blues.

His passing at 89 really means an end to the living legends of Blues music. Rolling Stone Magazine ranked him as #3 on their list of 100 greatest guitarist of all time (behind Jimi Hendrix and Duane Allman).

He really was the best.

Goodbye Lucille I'm sure going to miss your sound.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Good pick up LTRTR, as soon as I hit the post button I remembered Buddy is still kicking on.

A bit youngish at 78 (I think) but he would be the last of the those who played through the true golden era of Blues.

If you love the Blues, Thailand is fantastic for it. Some of the best blues guitarists I've seen are here in Chiang Mai, including my good mate Boy (Boy's Blues Bar):
Boy-smile-web.png

He's a ripper bloke and I have got him barracking for the Tigers.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
CMT, careful. Saying you like boys while living in Thailand could get you into trouble.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
:hihi Most of Boy's customers (me included) are all old gray headed or bald fat farangs. Probably the right demographic picture of what you are saying. ;D

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
:hihi Most of Boy's customers (me included) are all old gray headed or bald fat farangs. Probably the right demographic picture of what you are saying. ;D

I qualify for both those descriptions. I must come up and check it out one day.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Joan Kirner, Vic Premier in a tough time in state politics.