The run home - Can we make top 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The run home - Can we make top 4

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Throughout this season threads there has been optimism that Dimma throws some mythological switch and we return to our flag winning ways. Well that switch must be connected to the Dandenongs power grid because tonight it fizzled.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Said to my bubble buddy if we win tonight top 4 is a possibility, lose and it's not.

Unless we repeat the 2014 9 game winning run (but not the Port final)

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Said to my bubble buddy if we win tonight top 4 is a possibility, lose and it's not.

Unless we repeat the 2014 9 game winning run (but not the Port final)
Curious that you compare our current need to win nine on the trot to 2014 when we needed to do it to make the eight, rather than to 2019 when we didn't need to do it but did to make top four - and did. It tells me many have forgotten that we actually did that and won the flag.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We wont be winning 9 in a row
Not with Flappers and Pickett playing.
Its embarrassing that one still can't kick and the other cant mark, can't kick and handles to the feet.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
West toast game proved we are not a top 4 team.
We don’t have the killer instinct or composure any more.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
West toast game proved we are not a top 4 team.
We don’t have the killer instinct or composure any more.
And skill either by foot or by hand.
I lost count how many times we gave the ball back last night.
Houli just kicks for no reason. He misses options that are obvious on TV let alone being at the ground.
Flappers has a shot 2 from the exact same position he took a shot 2 minutes earlier. Same result. Just fken dumb. Especially after watching those pricks bob them in from anywhere.
Bolton runs into forward burns 2 teammates.
Martin loses his mind twice and kicks long to a crowded goal square.
Riewoldt had absolute shocking game, from his snap from almost directly in front. He looked like retirement village Jack.
Cotchin and Edwards were talking the *smile*.
The only player's that played well and were switched on were Cj, Grimes, Big V please ignore that kick, Lambert and Broad.
The rest were shitt

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Wow, I don’t get the negativity on here.

On our day, we match anyone.

We may not finish top 4, but no one will want to play us in the finals. If a team can do it from 5-8, we can.

The result wasn’t great, but I liked what I saw against the Eagles. We are starting to get our mojo back.

I still think we will give this a mighty shake.

Reactions: 9 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I done the footy prediction. Had us lose 1 game and we just make top 4.
I also had Geelong finish 10

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
No chance we make top 4.

We are just not playing the footy we are used to.

Without stating the obvious for us to win it we need all our A Grade players on the park. We can’t afford to lose a Prestia. We just don’t have the quality of depth to cover them.
Who have summed it up perfectly SA.
We are only a shadow of our premiership years so far.
The debutants have not really shown anything to date either.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Who have summed it up perfectly SA.
We are only a shadow of our premiership years so far.
The debutants have not really shown anything to date either.
I think some of the debutants will make decent players, but probably not stars aside from Dow and Coleman-Jones. Collier-Dawkins is a case in point for the rest - sound ball winner and ok user, but no speed. Can possibly develop a tank (think Jobe Watson), but it'll take time and we're running out of 2021 time.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Reckon we should play for eighth.Just manage all the players for the rest of the home and away season.then have afully fit and experienced team ready to fly and win four finals in a row for our threepeat. Would be exciting and *smile* the AFL off.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
1 really hard game Geelong
3 tricky games, Brisbane, GWS and Dockers away.
5 wins.
I reckon 7 wins we finish on 56pts
Only GC, GWS and Freo interstate which are winnable (but how much more fatigue does this cause?). Cats have their heads inflated and we can win if we concentrate and compose but last night showed our weakness + Cameron and Smith makes them better this season. When finals come, Swans and WC should be vulnerable enough to drop to 7th or 8th so we need to finish 5th or 6th. It's in our hands as long as we don't drop the bundle as we did last night.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I think top four and three peat is defineitely done. This group has given so much joy to the fans for the last four years but we aren't the same team anymore. We are giving up quick goals in succession. The great teams don't give up goals in a row like we have. The AFL makes it so hard to stay at the top. It's a big off season coming up. We will need to bring in an A grade mid to stay in the window. Prestia can't get on the park and the great Chimp can't carry the midfield anymore. Blair Hartley has some tough decisions coming up.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Wow, I don’t get the negativity on here.

On our day, we match anyone.

We may not finish top 4, but no one will want to play us in the finals. If a team can do it from 5-8, we can.

The result wasn’t great, but I liked what I saw against the Eagles. We are starting to get our mojo back.

I still think we will give this a mighty shake.

Yeah. We played pretty badly at times, the Eagles were kicking goals out of their arses, hardly missed a set shot all night. Bolton missed a few, Dusty was off pace, our backs had a shocker mostly...

... and we still only lost by less than a goal on their deck.

We'll be good after the bye.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
But our depth players were on show tonight.
Not sure Markov, Bulter, Elliis and Higgins would've made any difference.
Maybe Higgins would've kicked 0.5 and got us over the line.
If you don't think having Ellis on a wing instead of Caddy would have helped, you're crazy.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I think top four and three peat is defineitely done. This group has given so much joy to the fans for the last four years but we aren't the same team anymore. We are giving up quick goals in succession. The great teams don't give up goals in a row like we have. The AFL makes it so hard to stay at the top. It's a big off season coming up. We will need to bring in an A grade mid to stay in the window. Prestia can't get on the park and the great Chimp can't carry the midfield anymore. Blair Hartley has some tough decisions coming up.
Best thing about this is that I don't give a stuff carrying a 3peat badge of honour. I'd rather we stayed a top side in a long journey just like the NE Patriots in NFL and Man Utd in EPL have for 10 years+. If we win the flag in 2022 it becomes 4 from 6 which is no real difference to 4 from 5. I'll be looking forward to a massive rebuild of our midfield this summer.

Reactions: 2 users