The run home - Can we make top 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The run home - Can we make top 4

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Lol me too. Have stayed off FB etc to avoid the Richmond hater trolls. Agree, want to wash this loss away with our next win. If we are fair dinkum which I know we are we should be beating all of the saints, GC and Pies in the next 3 games.

On the couch now, Browny and Nick did say we played well enough and un Richmond like to lose a game halfway through the last being 22 points up.
But bad turnovers cost them in the end.
Also, they all agreed that the kick by Ryan to Kennedy was not even more than 10 meters but needed to be a brave umpire to not pay that mark.
*smile* media morons. Why does the umpire have to be brave? He just needs to make the right decision. These *smile* idiots in the media continually make excuses for umpire *smile* ups. No wonder the standard keeps deteriorating when no one is ever held to account for their actions.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Did anyone else notice JR holding his bandaged wrist. Seemed to hurt it even further after he grimaced and hardly saw him after that.
Got stepped on by a Wet Coke player, hopefully nothing more than bruising.

Reactions: 1 user

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Only reason their are so many haters.
Is because we are so good, all oppo supporters are in fear if we rise from this challenge.
They are scared.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We should make 5th or 6th and get a home EF. With Melb WB and Geelong most likely to make top 4 it could well give us a Semi at the G and possibly a Prelim at the G.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
We should make 5th or 6th and get a home EF. With Melb WB and Geelong most likely to make top 4 it could well give us a Semi at the G and possibly a Prelim at the G.

I am more than happy for the dees and dogs to finish 1 and 2, and hopefully win their first final to lock in a prelim, knowing if we get to a prelim it will be at the G
Good luck stopping the tiger train if we make it to the prelim

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The one positive result of yesterday’s loss was Dima’s reflection in which he seems to be coming to grips with playing 3 tall forwards.
I think he has been slow to react but the fact that he is now contemplating CJ Jack and Tommy is a positive.

We also need to be prepared to deal with tall forwards by putting some of our own talls in defence.
Balta is the only one we have and I am afraid Astbury while tall, no longer has the speed to
match it with Geelong Melbourne etc.
Not sure how the scratch matches have been going but seems like a good time to blood Miller.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Not only is top 4 gone, but the chance of a 3-peat is gone. people are hoping beyond hope that we'll peak in the run home, but we are just playing well enough. our record against other top 8 teams says it all.

West toast game proved we are not a top 4 team.
We don’t have the killer instinct or composure any more.

its more than that. its the fact that we lost against a very average team. I don't care what anyone says, west coast are no good. that last quarter was pre-2017-esque benny hill music stuff.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I just did the ladder predictor. We have to win every game from now on and Brisbane and Port dropping a couple games each for us to make the Top 4.

Realistically I think we end of up either 6th or 7th and play West Coast, either at home or over there.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not only is top 4 gone, but the chance of a 3-peat is gone. people are hoping beyond hope that we'll peak in the run home, but we are just playing well enough. our record against other top 8 teams says it all.

its more than that. its the fact that we lost against a very average team. I don't care what anyone says, west coast are no good. that last quarter was pre-2017-esque benny hill music stuff.
the team we will (hopefully) put out in Sept will be different to the one that played in Perth- Nank, Prestia, Cotchin and Lynch will make a big difference come finals time.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It just shows how important winning the close ones / things going your way is / when and where you play the opposition.

flip the PA / WCE results which could both happen with less unfavourable umpiring / little bit of composure on our behalf and we are fifth, game clear of port , and top four almost a lock.

we got Sydney when they were at their peak and other top 8 when almost fully fit. No gray now for eight weeks to kick a clutch boundary line goal in dying momental etc.

flip gws and we are a game and half outside the 8 ….

things are never quite as bad or good as they seem.

our trend is on the up for sure. We’ve played some really good footy coming into bye but not quite capitalised on it. We’ve been extremely unlucky with all the injuries to our midfield at the same time.

think we get into hopefully fifth or sixth and get a free swing at it.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
we Will come out now head on with our serious game.

If Geelong bulldogs and Melbourne finish top 3 then there’s no difference between 1st and 4th place so we need to grab that 4th spot. If we do, our whole finals campaign will be on the MCG.

Anytime Bris and port lose, that’s great
And they are a bit suspect away from their fortress.
Lower teams should pick them off at least once and they’ll lose to higher placed teams too.

We should pass Sydney and WCE soon.
Hope Bris and port lose in an upset

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the team we will (hopefully) put out in Sept will be different to the one that played in Perth- Nank, Prestia, Cotchin and Lynch will make a big difference come finals time.

We had 3 of our best 22 out. they had 4 of their best 22 out.

If Geelong bulldogs and Melbourne finish top 3 then there’s no difference between 1st and 4th place so we need to grab that 4th spot. If we do, our whole finals campaign will be on the MCG.

Anytime Bris and port lose, that’s great

correct. we want Dees/Dogs/Cats to keep winning and Lions/Power to lose as many as possible.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I painfully remember the bad old days of hoping other teams lost so we could make the finals. We are brothers and sisters in our pain and developed coping mechanisms to ease our mental anguish. Don't care to revisit that era and persistent mindset ever again. We either win it wherever because we are good or we miss out because we weren't.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
We had 3 of our best 22 out. they had 4 of their best 22 out.
And Astbury.
Missing both Nank and Soldo was huge. Meant NicNat could be close to BOG, which he would never be against Nank, or probably Soldo.
Missing Prestia, and havign Cotch just cruising in July, along with having Chol rucking, meant we were well beaten in the centre when it mattered.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I painfully remember the bad old days of hoping other teams lost so we could make the finals. We are brothers and sisters in our pain and developed coping mechanisms to ease our mental anguish. Don't care to revisit that era and persistent mindset ever again. We either win it wherever because we are good or we miss out because we weren't.
For sure. Luck still plays a huge role in any premiership though - so when the cookie crumbles your way (2017/19) you make the most of it.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Can’t see it happening after that terrible 4Q effort against WC.
Must win game and we pissed our pants when it mattered.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I can't see us losing another game. Maybe to the Giants if they're still in the hunt, cos we know they'll get five goals from frees.

Top 4, whack, whack, whack - premiership.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users