The run home - Can we make top 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The run home - Can we make top 4

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Dalhaus DOES nothing against anyone. Zero kicks against the Lions on thurs, Scott loves him, Higgins is soft and finished, its a superannuation pay day for him, he is another Scott love child, yet Narkle cant get a run.

You sound almost as pissed off as us Richmond supporters!

We'll take Narkle though if you don't want him.

When was the last time a team won a premiership and missing the finals the following year?

Yeah, 2017, Footscray.

I am starting to think that Richmond's supreme efforts to win so many in a row after the bye in 2019, plus winning from the hub in 2020 with the added bonus of a late end to a very hard season, are taking their toll. We looked so lacking in energy last night, the players looked like they needed some time off. When Shedda kicked that goal you could see them all trying to gee each other up, to extract some energy. It didn't work, there was no energy. I figure they need a mental break of some length after the last 2 years. Richmond achieved so much in 2019 and 2020 but it has certainly taken a toll.

That said, we managed to climb the ladder and win it in 1967, and promptly followed it with 5th place (out of the final 4) in 1968. 1969 we didn't start well, managed to storm home and scrape into the 4, and won from 4th. Missed finals again in 1970. These were our golden years and we were up and down. We can climb again and be a regular finals team and we can contend.

DS

Reactions: 1 users