The Scott Brothers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Scott Brothers

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I almost fell off the couch last night. With 4 different footy shows on, they were discussing the future of doofus from Carlton and who could replace him. The usual names were brought up Roos and Clarkson maybe Mitchell or Voss then I saw 2 of the shows mention Brad Scott. Please what has he done to make him a coach in demand?
Then I heard Chris Scott say that the mid season draft is going to be ‘rorted’. With clubs picking up kids for free, then I checked Geelong don’t have a pick.
If there is one win this year I want to see is us slapping the on the G, again...

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Agree on the Scott comments, but also agree that the mid season draft is a farce and I don’t like it.

ie look at our injury list and then look at how we are managing it to our advantage - well run clubs don’t need it - that’s why you have over 40 players to select your team from during the season.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Brad Scott cocky prick. Acting like a hero like he can walk out a club and get a job straight sway.
I hope no club offers him *smile*, maybe a towel boy

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
I hate the way they get narky with the media for asking questions after a loss or something negative about the players. Brad is just a prick when they lose. Chris saying "I have no influence over Ablett decision" and then explain for 5 minutes why he should get off really gets up my nose.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The Big Richo said:
I think the Scott brothers suffer from the negative thoughts people have about them as players.

Both are excellent coaches, Chris in particular has an outstanding record. If Geelong were to win the premiership this year he will be entitled to be viewed with the very best in history.

Nice to see u on our forum Chris.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The Big Richo said:
I think the Scott brothers suffer from the negative thoughts people have about them as players.

Both are excellent coaches, Chris in particular has an outstanding record. If Geelong were to win the premiership this year he will be entitled to be viewed with the very best in history.

Botb are massive flogs, the sooner the media realises it tbe better.
Can't understand why they tip toe around them.
Brad scott is going to leave nortb in a disgraful position.
And as for Chris Scott with the players he has had, he has underachieved massively.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
The Big Richo said:

Really? Perhaps you'd better check his finals record. 6 wins and 9 losses at 40%
Home game wins at the Kardinia bowling alley helps flatter his record.

The very best in history, mate, cmon. He's won one with a bloody good list he inherited in his first year. What has he achieved since?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
willo said:
Really? Perhaps you'd better check his finals record. 6 wins and 9 losses at 40%

The very best in history, mate, cmon. He's won one with a bloody good list he inherited in his first year. What has he achieved since?

One premiership in his first year after inheriting an excellent squad is probably a mediocre return given the talents he's had on the deck, particularly with that winning record.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Font rate Chris , he went to the cats and inherited a good list that won a flag .
Dimna inherited a *smile* list and was 0-10 1st year out ...

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The Big Richo said:
He's achieved the best winning percentage for a 200 game plus coach in history. Plenty of coaches have had home ground advantages over the years and not done that.

Add two flags in 9 years to that and I reckon it stacks up pretty well against anyone.

I find this dismissal of the 2011 flag amusing as well. Geelong were smashed in the prelim the year before and most people would have said they were heading the other way, but regardless flags aren't easy to win.
For a first year coach to get one is a remarkable effort, it's a massive credit for him, not an asterix.

But he hasn’t won 2 flags in 9 years.

At the moment he is tracking the same as Hardwick with a flag a piece - let’s hope we are talking about Dimma’s 2nd flag in 9 years.

Agree with others - think their records are a bit over rated, not saying they are bad coaches, I just wouldn’t put them up there with the better coaches.

Personally and from a biased perspective, at this point in time I reckon Hardwick has achieved more than both Scott’s given the list and culture he was given.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
year of the tiger said:
But he hasn’t won 2 flags in 9 years.

At the moment he is tracking the same as Hardwick with a flag a piece - let’s hope we are talking about Dimma’s 2nd flag in 9 years.

Agree with others - think their records are a bit over rated, not saying they are bad coaches, I just wouldn’t put them up there with the better coaches.

Personally and from a biased perspective, at this point in time I reckon Hardwick has achieved more than both Scott’s given the list and culture he was given.
Agreed, and Scott’s 2011 flag belongs to Thompson and Sanderson as much as it does him. Great coaches, truly great coaches are names like Hafey, Barassi, Sheedy, Jeans, Matthews and Clarkson. Scott’s not in that league, nowhere near it.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The Big Richo said:
He's also 43.
Wasn’t aware age was a criteria, but 3 of the coaches on my list had 2 Premierships before they were 40. If Scott can get at least 2 more before he retires then he’ll enter my calculations.

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
They have both massively topped up their teams with mature recruits and both teams will take ten years to recover when their aging stars retire. A lot of coaches can top up a list to win home and away games. Finals count.
That's one of the things i am most proud of with us. We have reinvested in youth in the last two years when we could have easily picked up an Aaron Hall or Dom Tyson.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
willo said:

Let's not let facts get the way of TBR's bluster.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The Big Richo said:
You guys just aren't great judges of footy I'm afraid.

Chris Scott has the highest winning percentage of anyone who has coached 200 or more games.

Fine to not like him as a bloke but to try and suggest he isn't a sound coach is flat earth stuff.

I rate them as coaches but they are both narky bastards with Richmond issues.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Scott going to Carlton - should make for a feisty first round clash next year.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Scott won a flag in his first year with the Cats who were a powerhouse. Since then his record in finals is 3 wins, 9 loses, apart from the Premiership his finals record is nothing to write home about, and finals wins are what counts.