THE SHACKLES & GLOVES ARE OFF | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

THE SHACKLES & GLOVES ARE OFF

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I have refrained most of the year from bagging players.

But fellow PREnders the gloves and shackles are off.

On Friday evening I witnessed the one of the most limped wristed weak efforts by one of our so called leaders. Some have even suggested this bloke is a future RFC captain. People bag Richo for his tantrums and antics. Hey at least richo shows some emotion. Well this bloke didn't chase, pulled out of contests in the third & final quarters and he gave us his best effort in the first quarter with his wave to those in the construction site that was his attempt at touching the ball on the line. But at least after this game the media are putting a blow torch on hime for his effort (well done tony Shaw in particular). One kick in the first quarter is a sad indicment on this bloke. No wonder the rumours are you might be traded but having watched you on Friday night no-one would take you.

Take a bow Joel Bowden.

I see Tim Flemming running around in a Tiger jumper and I reckon he deserves to be in one more than you Joel - ever. Sure he doens't have the talent or skill but what he has by the truckload is heart and a fierce desire to play footy for the RFC. It just goes to show that talent isn't everything. And by the way wasted talent is UNFORGIVABLE

May I suggest you take a leaf out of Tim's book Joel and show some heart for this Club and its supporters.

May also suggest that every Tiger player have a look at the last 50 seconds of the Freo/Adel game and have a look at Peter Bell's attack on the balll and attempt to crash through a pack. it won them the game

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Here Here Lil welcome aboard I knew you would join us if diehards like you feel this way imagine the average feral their membership will be a joke....I wrote to the club re loyalty incentives regarding membership etc. Members don't want and don't care about that crap, they want wins and finals plain and simple

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
KL - coincidently I was telling my wife during the 3rd quater, just after Joel pulled out of a mark with a one-handed slap (southern stand), that "that moment may result in him being traded."

She said, "what do you mean."

I said, "those who know football, know that you don't do that for the jumpers sake. Especially when your backs are to the wall and the club needs leaders. Players like that should never wear the RFC jumper.

It's time to demand respect."

Rodan#18

Fijian thunderbolt
Jan 19, 2003
Joel Bowden.

He must have a severe leg injury to justify such a limp, insipid performance.

Notice even Sav tried to fire him up...but not a whimper. And Spud let him keep playing ?

:'(

Soft.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Rodan#18 said:
Notice even Sav tried to fire him up...but not a whimper. And Spud let him keep playing ?

Why wasn't his captain trying to fire him up? ::)

I have some theories about Joel, no facts but gut feeling.

As I posted on a different thread, I heard Miller give Joel a far less than glowing report in a radio interview before the Geelong game.

I got the feeling Joel mightn't be in next years plans. If he knows that, and if there are issues there it would explain why he's playing so uninspired.

That wouldn't be an excuse but would be understandable.

I can't see why Joel is the only player the club have said anything negative about, most of the team have been under performing. They even praise Pettifer at every chance they get. They won't say a word against Richo, though his one goal a game and other aspects of his game are far from acceptable.

Where is the Richo from the last few rounds last season? He's being flogged by very inexperienced backmen this year.

There are a couple of people on the board too who will bag other players but have us think Richo is beyond critisism.

If the club are willing to critisise one player publicly they should be willing to speak honestly about all of them.

Miller can say that the players are 100% for Danny but I have my doubts. They certainly don't play that way.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Lil: Agree re Bell, was watching that and only wished we could have someone at Richmond that would do that. I have no doubt Cogs would but other than him i doubt it.

Adn yes i am definitely a gfan of trading Bowden, i stil lthink we can get something decent for him, but although he gets many possessions he doesnt hurt sides and needs to be gone. I still thinkwe can get a first round pick for him.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
bowden will be used as trade bait.however what we get for him is another question.
if we go for draft a top 10 draft pick and as the current ladder stands i doubt very much the doggies or cats would go after bowden a/c their list is pretty full of midfeilders.
its a pity that carlton wont have a top 10 pick[excluding their priority pick which cant be traded]as bowden is the type of player they need.
melbourne?hmmmmmmmmm maybe altho they will look for a tall.
stkilda-same boat as the doggies and cats
essendon-salary cap issues.
hawks-like us they need a hardnut midfeilder.
north-perhaps.

1st option:
use bowden and perhaps hall as part of a 3 way trade which lands us judd.

2nd option:swap bowden for 2 players from the cats or doggies one top notch midfeilder and a 16th to 25th listed player.

while i prefer to have 2 picks in the top 10 the more i think of it the more likely it wont happen due to the above reasons.

P

PuntRoadRoar

if we can get a pick between 10 - 20 for bowden then we should take it.

As for getting Judd, we wont have a chance, Im almost 100% sure he will resign with the eagles and stay in perth. I think he just wants to know what he is worth and apparently ben cousins didnt ask for any more money in his new contract because he wants the club to use it to secure judd.

I think our best bet is to trade bowden to the swans, they need another midfielder now that a few of theirs are getting on or retiring. And the swans have a history of signing recycled players.