The stand rule??? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The stand rule???

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I see the first version as the equivalent to a dour, heavily defensive game of footy.

Give me our final against Brisbane this year over Sydney v West Coast 2005 any day.
Absolutely loved those Sydaknee v Wet Coke games back then. Two evenly matched sides that beat the absolute suitcase out of one another game after game for a few years. No quarter given, no quarter asked, purely red hot contested footy.

Reactions: 3 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Absolutely loved those Sydaknee v Wet Coke games back then. Two evenly matched sides that beat the absolute suitcase out of one another game after game for a few years. No quarter given, no quarter asked, purely red hot contested footy.
I agree with you there TM. The Melbourne press and Vlad didn't like them though. But they were great games!

Reactions: 2 users

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
We saw a bit last year sides opting not to stand the mark at all. Is it true that now a player 'must' stand the mark? Are we going to see all players evacuate the area when a free kick is paid, so the umpire has to hold the game up to get a player on the mark? Thus allowing their defense more time to set up.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We saw a bit last year sides opting not to stand the mark at all. Is it true that now a player 'must' stand the mark? Are we going to see all players evacuate the area when a free kick is paid, so the umpire has to hold the game up to get a player on the mark? Thus allowing their defense more time to set up.
Player in front of the player with the ball, cant stand and then move back off the mark.

'Spoken for GFC Victoria Australia'