The Tiger under 23's | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Tiger under 23's

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
According to Glen Mcfarlane today.

RICHMOND

HEADLINE MAKER

Toss up here between Josh Gibcus and Maurice Rioli Jr. We’ll go with Gibcus, purely because Rioli is an X-factor. Gibcus was named the Tigers’ best first year player off the back of his 18-game debut season. Gibcus is learning well off Dylan Grimes (31) and Robbie Tarrant (33) and looks to be a Tigers’ defensive mainstay for a decade or more.

X-FACTOR

Just the surname gets us excited. But Maurice Rioli Jr has much more than that in his trick bag. He doesn’t get a lot of the ball (yet), but he is effective when he does. Something always seems to happen when he is around the ball. Let’s add Noah Cumberland and Hugo Ralphsmith into this mix, too, as both showed talent at times in 2022.

QUESTION MARK

Jack Ross is contracted until the end of 2024 and has unquestionable talent, evidenced by his 15 games for a second consecutive season. But the young Tiger might have to find a refashioned role to lock in his spot in 2023 as the addition of Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper and the return of Dustin Martin will make competition for midfield spots very tough.

UNTAPPED TALENT

Tyler Sonsie looks to be a serious player of the future. He played seven games in his debut season, holding his spot in the senior side for almost the last month of the season and having 17 disposals and kicking a goal in the elimination final. Will keep developing his craft.

Reactions: 2 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Maybe they don’t rate Noah Cumberland or Judson Clark? To me Cumbo is the headline maker and will kick 40+ and Juddy definitely has X factor

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Green Gibcus Mansell
Ralph-Smith Nyuon Brown
Clark Sonsie Banks
Cumberland Bauer Campbell
Rioli xxxxx Dow
Ryan
Ross
Smith