The unvacced | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The unvacced

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Could have done it 6 months ago & saved us from all the cr@p that we had to endure before the AO.

This just emphasises what a Plonker this guy is. :bash :rolleyes:
Not only us. He could have saved himself a lot of drama and may have even had that 21st Slam in his back pocket.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
there are a lot of people in our society that think the governments have all the data at their finger tips
and in the current environment they'll be thinking peoples medical records and their current vaccination status

vaccination records for all people are held on the Australian Immunisation Register - it is a Federal Government owned and maintained IT system

peoples medical data from hospital stays and proceedures are held within State Gov IT systems

and there is no direct access either way

and thats why they haven't been able to say in the media 53% of people with Diabetes haven't been vaccinacted ,etc etc

the reason behind that is the legislation that setup the Immunisation Register , its quite strict on who can see the data and for what purposes and thats to protect our privacy
Not totally true Ceehook2

There are standard datasets that all hospitals provide at a state level and large portions of them are sent to the Commonwealth. This data includes all patient level hospital data. It is available to the Independent pricing authority, the Commonwealth DH and to Medicare. Patient level activity data and cost data sent to the Commonwealth by the states is ultimately how much of the funding from the feds to the states is calculated.

What is true is that after many decades of massive under investment in IT systems and staff the fact that both the Commonwealth and the states are struggling to provide timely and accurate information is entirely predictable, we are reaping what we have sowed. Public Hospitals get woefully underfunded for IT.

As for some posters and some on social media saying that key health data is being deliberately withheld it is almost laughable. Anyone who knows anything about the data capabilities that are available just laughs at the concept of some sort of conspiracy of silence.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Could have done it 6 months ago & saved us from all the cr@p that we had to endure before the AO.

This just emphasises what a Plonker this guy is. :bash :rolleyes:
He was given an exemption. It was be vaccinated or have an exemption. The Vic health experts gave him an exemption. He followed the rules. Not his fault the goal posts moved.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
He was given an exemption. It was be vaccinated or have an exemption. The Vic health experts gave him an exemption. He followed the rules. Not his fault the goal posts moved.

Still doesn't change the fact that if he'd been vaxxed none of this crap would have happened.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008

There are standard datasets that all hospitals provide at a state level and large portions of them are sent to the Commonwealth. This data includes all patient level hospital data. It is available to the Independent pricing authority, the Commonwealth DH and to Medicare. Patient level activity data and cost data sent to the Commonwealth by the states is ultimately how much of the funding from the feds to the states is calculated.

What is true is that after many decades of massive under investment in IT systems and staff the fact that both the Commonwealth and the states are struggling to provide timely and accurate information is entirely predictable, we are reaping what we have sowed. Public Hospitals get woefully underfunded for IT.

As for some posters and some on social media saying that key health data is being deliberately withheld it is almost laughable. Anyone who knows anything about the data capabilities that are available just laughs at the concept of some sort of conspiracy of silence.
True, the Hospitals are so under funded, they are now approaching Third World level of Service. My Daughter works in the Victorian Hospital system and is staggered at the lack of professionalism in the Hospital system. Funding in the right areas needs to happen immediately.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
True, the Hospitals are so under funded, they are now approaching Third World level of Service. My Daughter works in the Victorian Hospital system and is staggered at the lack of professionalism in the Hospital system. Funding in the right areas needs to happen immediately.
Not sure I would put it like that.

Levels of professionalism vary between health services but there are some incredible people and many great outcomes in our system despite the funding challenges.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yes agreed, some people have very preset parameters in which they operate ;)

True, one of my usually observed parameters is that if event A happened after event B, then A probably didn't cause B.

I realise this strictly linear understanding of causality is no longer fashionable in today's post-truth environment, but I prefer to remain unfashionable in this respect.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not sure I would put it like that.

Levels of professionalism vary between health services but there are some incredible people and many great outcomes in our system despite the funding challenges.

Having spent some time in public hospitals in developing countries I can confirm they are really not equivalent to our health system.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
True, one of my usually observed parameters is that if event A happened after event B, then A probably didn't cause B.

I realise this strictly linear understanding of causality is no longer fashionable in today's post-truth environment, but I prefer to remain unfashionable in this respect.
Its a good way to think.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021

I was thinking more Immunisation data and joining it at the database level , it is governed by very restrictive legislation and isn't available for joining with Medicare data
there are exceptions for medical research etc
a report on covid vaccinations is made available to a small number of State Health staff and yes that was very frustrating for Epidemioligists in the States
in the current environment thats very frustrating