The unvacced | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The unvacced

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He actually said the original course of two vaccinations is less effective against Omicron but a third vaccination gives good protection against infrction and illness.

Like many such twisted "facts" this idea is now an article of faith with antivaxxers.
That’s correct. A triple dose gives very good protection.

Last edited:

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If a Richmond player refused the jab, I would expect the club to sack that player without exception. Not only has the player broken the t’s and c’s of his contract, but the club has a reputation to uphold in terms of community and social values.

Standing the player down is also not an option because it means one less player on the list. I’m sure we will have players that contract COVID during the year and we can’t go into the season with a smaller list.

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I’m far from an anti vaxxer, but smear away if it makes you feel better about your obvious undying love of the Pfizer health supplement.
I'm not an antivaxxer. I just say that they don't work, and I call them supplements.

It's the new "I'm not a racist, but..."

Reactions: 11 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Maybe it is you who needs to educate yourself. MRNA vaccines don’t target T cells. Traditional vaccines do.
There is significant evidence that whilst the current vaccines do only reduce and not eliminate the transmissibility of Omicron after 2 doses that they offer significant protection via T-cells. This is why vaccinated people are getting far less sick that unvaccinated and why our hospitals and especially ICUs are full of unvaccinated people and not vaccinated ones.

They elicit a T-cell response which is why we get protection. Vaccines specifically targeting T-cells are potentially the next level of protection and that work is going on.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I’m far from an anti vaxxer, but smear away if it makes you feel better about your obvious undying love of the Pfizer health supplement.
So you completely ignore the point - the Pfizer CEO did not say what you claim he said, instead resorting to the classic "if you love Pfizer so much why don't you marry it" schoolyard retort.

Gave me a good laugh at least Ghost.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
So you completely ignore the point - the Pfizer CEO did not say what you claim he said, instead resorting to the classic "if you love Pfizer so much why don't you marry it" schoolyard retort.
and fact checking is 'smearing' apparently. It is such a well work anti-vax line, talk-*smile*, get called on it, then drop the lip, sulk and play the victim.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
After two years of COVID I have come to understand that there are far more imbeciles in this world than I ever thought.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It may have have early on with Alpha through Delta but not Omicron. The sheer number of + cases shows this.
It doesn’t stop transmission. You couldn’t even measure “reduce”.
mRNA is a specific coded vaccine to a specific virus unlike the protein based vaccines that we get for polio, measles, chicken pox etc. once a virus mutates the vaccine becomes ineffective to varying degrees the further it mutates from the original.
So to my original point, it makes no sense demanding people get a jab for something that only provides some reduction of severity or hospitalisation but doesn’t stop (reduce) transmission or infection.
On an anecdotal evidence, everyone I know bar 2 who had it were doubled with a few being tripled. All symptoms were from a mild cold to flu like. The 2 who were unvaxxed were no better/worse than the others.

Nice to see you referring to a large sample double-blind trial . . . oh wait . . . you just used an anecdote of people you claim to know.

I can measure reduce, it is actually quite simple: If A yesterday is greater than A today then A has reduced - simples!

By the way, the attempt to conflate stop and reduce above is pathetic, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

DS

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Imagine throwing your career away on a medicine that fights disease to protect you?:oops:

Agree, ToO.

Yep it really beggars belief.

Agree, IanG.

There's a lot of non conformists out there.
You wonder the resasons behind it.
Yeah sure, religious beliefs etc.
What percentage would you put down to beliefs, doctrines etc and how many are saying no just because they can say no?

And to a certain extent they are basically saying I couldn't give a stuff if I pass it on to my family members, friends, neighbour, local community or shopping centre!

What's that expression, Don't cut your nose off to spite your face?
Seems to be a bit of that going on in this new world of ours.

Like you guys said it's a head scratcher and does beggar belief.

Reactions: 3 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I'm not an antivaxxer. I just say that they don't work, and I call them supplements.

It's the new "I'm not a racist, but..."
p06m3jjz.jpg

Here's cheers to a warm glass of your body's own best! The cheapest and best supplemental protection an educated and woke anti-vaxxer can ingest.

Flat earthers, antivaxxers, sovereign citizens, Qanoners, influencers, Trumpers. Oh interwebz! You bring us so much enlightenment and knowledge.
What a time to be alive.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
p06m3jjz.jpg

Here's cheers to a warm glass of your body's own best! The cheapest and best supplemental protection an educated and woke anti-vaxxer can ingest.

Flat earthers, antivaxxers, sovereign citizens, Qanoners, influencers, Trumpers. Oh interwebz! You bring us so much enlightenment and knowledge.
What a time to be alive.
Necessary........is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No...........but it's sterile and I like the taste!

• Wow