The Week Ahead | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Week Ahead

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Well Round 1 is over and time to start looking to Round 2.

After watching the game 3 times now, I don't think things are as bad as my first observations. (I hope) I think Rosy was right in talking about REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS.

What we need to do over the coming week;

Develop alternative avenues to goal.

Play an attacking style of Football rather than be defensive for the 1st bounce

Be prepared to take risks

Have players on the defensive side of the football. To many times last Friday night at the bounce or a contest we had no one on the defensive side which meant Collingwoods runners could swarm forward with little or not opposition. A couple of times the only person on the defensive side of the centre bounce was KING and he was just brushed aside by the stronger opponents.

This also allowed Collingwood to create attacking moves from defence as they could take the ball of the front of the pack unopposed and run forward.

We need medium sized forward options and possible could use the likes of BOWDEN, CAMPBELL, BLUMMFIELD and ROGERS as rotating targets.

Start with RODAN as an attacking player not a wasted defensive option in the back pocket.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
My blueprint for the next week-

Spud to tell the boys to forget last season, forget the pre-season and forget last week. Remind them that they are playing AFL because not only are they better at it than most people, they also had a bit of luck along the way to make it.
There are plenty of others who may be good enough, but never get the chance to find out.

This is a new season, make the most of it. Enjoy yourself, give everything for your coach and team mates and club and the rest will fall into place.

Oh yeah and Richo put ya kicking boots on and get a couple of early goals please. That will set the mood for the rest of the day.

Go Tiges.