There is a coaching master mind at the club, but who is it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

There is a coaching master mind at the club, but who is it?

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
lately I've been thinking its Emma Murray.

During interviews the club seem to be almost in a hypnotic state.

They all say the same things especially the whole "connection" mindset.

Either they're all very well screened and drilled or they're all walking zombies doing exactly what they are told.

We are winning so I'm not complaining but It would'nt surprise me if the mindfulness sessions play a big part in the style of game we play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Think it's a bit of everything, Coaching, the players seem happy & it's obvious they enjoy playing together.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Richmond 2019 coaching structure:
Senior coach: Damien Hardwick named Coach 27/08/2009
Head of Coaching and Football Performance: Tim Livingstone
Assistant coach, forwards: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, backline: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, offensive: Blake Caracella
VFL and development coach (forwards): Craig McRae
Development coach and VFL midfield: Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson

Fair old xLions contingent in that lot..... must pissem off even more when we roll them!
5 blokes on that list.... varying degrees of involvement no doubt.

Last edited:

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Nobody should underestimate the clubs head of "Mindfulness".

Her name is Emma Murray, and if you dont think the whole club hasnt been transformed by her then you had better think again.

Reactions: 3 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Nobody should underestimate the clubs head of "Mindfulness".

Her name is Emma Murray, and if you dont think the whole club hasnt been transformed by her then you had better think again.

is there an echo in here...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I'm a massive believer in Emma Murray's impact, but she isn't the tactical genius...

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Richmond 2019 coaching structure:
Senior coach: Damien Hardwick named Coach 27/08/2009
Head of Coaching and Football Performance: Tim Livingstone
Assistant coach, forwards: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, backline: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, offensive: Blake Caracella
VFL and development coach (forwards): Craig McRae
Development coach and VFL midfield: Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson

he's lost the players IMO :afro

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
In 2017 we won the flag with a high pressure defensive game and a small ball forward line - both were unique. In 2018 it was clear we adopted different but very systematic structure - that won us the minor premiership, but ultimately fell short in the PF. In 2019 our game plan evolved dramatically again, using the corridor on offence and winning big games despite losing virtually every key metric.

It seems we have a coaching savant at our club to be able to change our game plan like this every year and stay ahead of the pack. I love Hardwick, but is it him? I thought it was Caracella, but if it truly was - we would of moved heaven and earth to keep him.

Someone must know, thoughts?
Dimma is the man, he has all the coaches, fitness, rehab and mindfulness staff working as a team just like the players, they are all integral to our success.

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Our game style had to change this year because we have Big Tom. Instead of going down the line or deep into a pocket to contain we now attack quick through the corridor with a 3 forward isolation rotation. that has had an effect on the smalls numbers as well. It just means the focus is high on efficiency and most of our shots are deep and close to goal hence 18.4

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I thought again, and I noticed the floor was cold under my feet

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Our game style had to change this year because we have Big Tom. Instead of going down the line or deep into a pocket to contain we now attack quick through the corridor with a 3 forward isolation rotation. that has had an effect on the smalls numbers as well. It just means the focus is high on efficiency and most of our shots are deep and close to goal hence 18.4
I was impressed against the Lions at the Gabba with how we were able to change things up from when we played them at the G.
At the Gabba we transitioned out of defence and through the midfield by foot, rather than with handball which is what we have done all year. Great coaching to which they had no answers.

Last edited:

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I was impressed against the Lions at the Gabba with how we were able to change things up from when we played them at the G.
At the Gabba we transitioned out of defence and through the midfield by foot, rather than with handball which is what we have done all year. Great coaching to which they had no answers.
Yes I agree TM, our game style has been much more fluid this year than any I can remember, the one area of concern is centre clearances, we are on the back foot when we get that wrong although the adjustments have been great we can't afford a whole quarter of deficits in this area in the next 2 games.

Reactions: 1 user

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com

Either they're all very well screened and drilled or they're all walking zombies doing exactly what they are told.

We are winning so I'm not complaining but It would'nt surprise me if the mindfulness sessions play a big part in the style of game we play.
Then we have to thank Dan Richardson for getting her to the club. We have to thank Dylan Grimes for asking Dan Richardson in the first place.
We have to thank the coaches for getting her on board and the players for being able to learn from her teachings.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

Dusty has said as much.
Gave heaps of credit to Murray for his epic 2017 season.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Spot on , a true leader will be inclusive of those around him, with a diverse mix of strengths to draw on. We have a smorgasbord of talent in our coaching ranks , VFL and VFLW coaches just named coach of year says plenty

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Jack Riewoldt probably part of the equation, among other players surely, but once everyone starts scrambling for credit that’ll be the first sign we’re on the slide.