• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

These Shall Not Be Forgotten Years (Improbable Wins: 1981-2016)

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
https://www.footyalmanac.com.au/these-shall-not-be-forgotten-years-richmond-1981-2016-an-occasional-series-of-reflections-on-the-triumphs-and-tragedies-that-made-2017-so-worth-the-wait-2-impossible/

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Remember all of them. The commentators in the Sydney game were dead set dirty that Roach had done nothing all day and was about to win the game after marking in the goal square.

E

easy_tiger

was part of the underwhelming crowd at the mothers day massacre. Ended up unprecedentedly drunk on my feet on the dancefloor at the Espanade hotel with snake and our older bro.

Zydeco jump played Tigerland. I think I may have done a cameo on vocals.

Craig Lambert must have starred as well as Hoggy because I can vaguely remember doing the Lambert dance.

we still talk about it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Mac said:
Peter Wilson cartwheel for that Carlton win?
for sure! The Chris Pym one. Probably my favourite out of the list. Remember going from shock and then celebrating with strangers as though we had won the flag.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
jb03 said:
for sure! The Chris Pym one. Probably my favourite out of the list. Remember going from shock and then celebrating with strangers as though we had won the flag.
Been through a few of those during the 90s.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
jb03 said:
As a young bloke I still went to the footy every week believing we could win if a bit of luck went our way, despite results suggesting otherwise. Rhys-Jones ran amok early and I thought how good are these blokes, we're going to be murdered. Then the game slowly turned around...

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
This is a neat little occasional series by Stainless. Good writer, good guy too.

It is important that we keep supporting the club. Never let the bad years happen again.