Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
At one stage we had Dow, Fridge, Nigel n McAuliffe as our centre bounce squad with Raaalllph out on a wing. In no-ones worst nightmare are those first four together as your midfield core, they're support rotation mids. No Presty, no Taranto, no Hopper, no Ross then with Dusty n Shai either on the bench or deep forward. That's your six best mids out of game or rotations n it's no surprise we got obliterated.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Dow gets to the ball and contests as long as he manages to build up enough momentum by running into a contest, though gets manhandled like a 10 year old if caught flat footed or without a prior gallop.

His slight build disadvantages him greatly when he’s in the clinches, which for a midfielder isn’t good.

Ooze seems to like him and from what a I can tell considers him a young / developing mid.

I get that most players have their weaknesses or limitations, but for me his build combined with his kicking prevents him from being a truly damaging mid that would be part of a premiership list.

Reactions: 1 users

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
I lost count when they got the ball from the CB they started to run in out, Dow’s half hearted first few steps, then just gave up, no chase, no pressure. Then there he was standing at CHB ball watching. Not even in a posts help out, only cheating and waiting for a dump kick out.
He needs one of the backmen to punch him in the face. He’s young, he’s lazy. He should be hungry and desperate.
I wouldn’t let in the players lounge for coffee and biscuits. Not until he earned them.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees him ball watching. *smile* useless.