Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
dimma talked about ball security or lack thereof

it seemed dow was dispossessed way too easily

needs to be much stronger

Reactions: 1 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Positives: quick hands; evasiveness
Negatives: physical strength; gets brushed away too easily; lacks appetite for the hard ball; kicking

Has had a bad run with illness and injury. Needs a big preseason and lots of strength work in the gym.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Positives: quick hands; evasiveness
Negatives: physical strength; gets brushed away too easily; lacks appetite for the hard ball; kicking

Has had a bad run with illness and injury. Needs a big preseason and lots of strength work in the gym.
Needs to be shown the door.
Knights, Campbell, Lambert, Maxfield all were skinny kids but they played against animals that would want to smash them..
These kids don't have it, even in this era.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He's got another year and will probably eventually make AFL level IMO. Not necessarily with us but maybe.

He's been working harder and smarter outside recently and earned his call up. Let's see how he responds to the kick in the teeth.

Reactions: 1 user

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Yes there's health reasons for it but disappointingly hasn't progressed at all much this year. Gone backwards if anything.
Many of our picks needed a lot of toughening up with strength training and plenty of games but Covid scuttled their progress. Some will overcome that setback, others will think its too hard. We'll see how much he wants to be a strong, tough mid but I doubt it's in his make-up.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Needs to be shown the door.
Knights, Campbell, Lambert, Maxfield all were skinny kids but they played against animals that would want to smash them..
These kids don't have it, even in this era.
Lambert and Knights are good examples although Dow is a couple of inches taller. Maxfield had a bit of meat to him and Campbell was 1.89m and around 88kg.

I think Dow has gone backwards a bit this year but he does have skills so hopefully he can add a few kilos and hold his ground more in contests.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Good numbers for Dow on the weekend in the VFL but I don't agree with calls to bring him in. Sonsie & Ross are the 2 young mids we have & it's a good balance with the older heads.
As mentioned by other's Thomson's disposal isn't at AFL level yet (zero left foot). it's a real issue for him going forward in a version of the game where turnovers are absolutely punished. Not sure how he fixes it but obviously hope he can.

Reactions: 2 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
one more season (for Dow) but would not be surprised if he is delisted. With the retirements of Caddy, Parker and Lambert, I would also expect that Edwards would we then get down to the delisting. IMO that pool of those that depart would be between Dow, Will Martyn. Dawkins, Aarts (contracted??) and Biggy. I think 6-7 list changes is a good balance that means 2-3 of that delist group might survive.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
one more season (for Dow) but would not be surprised if he is delisted. With the retirements of Caddy, Parker and Lambert, I would also expect that Edwards would we then get down to the delisting. IMO that pool of those that depart would be between Dow, Will Martyn. Dawkins, Aarts (contracted??) and Biggy. I think 6-7 list changes is a good balance that means 2-3 of that delist group might survive.
Dow is contracted for 2023, Aarts is not
202226RileyCollier Dawkins
20229TrentCotchin
202238NoahCumberland
202210ShaneEdwards
202236WillMartyn
20228JackRiewoldt
202217DanielRioli
202249MauriceRioli Jnr
20225JackRoss
2022/Rookie46BenMiller
2022/Rookie44SydneyStack
2022/Rookie16JakeAarts
2022/Rookie50MarlionPickett
2023/Rookie43JacobBauer
2022/Rookie47BigoaNyuon
CAT B Rookie39Mate'Colina

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This guy is improving.

He still gets lost and zones out at times but he will break a line, run at goal and use forward. Not that crab walk thing with the dinky sideways use.

He had a couple of good moments on the weekend.

He tried to break a goalpost and kick a goal at the same time. Fearless. But prior to that Mate found himself in the deck with two inbred midgets on him. He no idea what to do. It was going on too long. Dow was the one who went over, dragged them off and was keen to go on with it. He dominated. Maybe he thought he could do that to the goalpost too. I can tell you this much - he'd be far too tough for a point post and might even be a chance next time against the bigger one.

I'm a bit of a fan now.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This guy is improving.

He still gets lost and zones out at times but he will break a line, run at goal and use forward. Not that crab walk thing with the dinky sideways use.

He had a couple of good moments on the weekend.

He tried to break a goalpost and kick a goal at the same time. Fearless. But prior to that Mate found himself in the deck with two inbred midgets on him. He no idea what to do. It was going on too long. Dow was the one who went over, dragged them off and was keen to go on with it. He dominated. Maybe he thought he could do that to the goalpost too. I can tell you this much - he'd be far too tough for a point post and might even be a chance next time against the bigger one.

I'm a bit of a fan now.
Reckon you were on the sauce again quite frankly.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Bit of a forgotten player & not sure where his future lies with others coming in.
Wonder if we'll look to move him on?
I don't know about look to move him on but if Kingsley likes him and it helps bring in the two GWS boys (or as a piece in another trade) I don't think we'll argue.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I don't know about look to move him on but if Kingsley likes him and it helps bring in the two GWS boys (or as a piece in another trade) I don't think we'll argue.
That's what I'm thinking. He's down the pecking order with us but may get more opportunties at a club looking to build with a new coach.

Reactions: 1 user