Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Atishu biggest certainty beaten you’d ever see. Should’ve won comfortably. Blocked for a run all the way down the straight and when she eventually got out sprouted wings.

Completely talking through the kick as had a decent bet on her after winning earlier on Broadsiding, Autumn Angel and Air Assault.

But that was one of the worst rides have ever seen.

Draws 2 with the main danger in 1. Jumps well then why the *smile* didn't Shinn tuck into the rail behind Zougotcha. Would have tracked it through then peeled off and won by panels. *smile* me.

Absolute horror ride and moral beat.

Speaking of which how about the whinging jockeys coming in behind Pride of Jenni. J-Mac saying "embarrassing".

If your not happy about the speed, how about not waiting to get carted up to her and got on your bike and do the donkey work. Weak as *smile*,

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Completely talking through the kick as had a decent bet on her after winning earlier on Broadsiding, Autumn Angel and Air Assault.

But that was one of the worst rides have ever seen.

Draws 2 with the main danger in 1. Jumps well then why the *smile* didn't Shinn tuck into the rail behind Zougotcha. Would have tracked it through then peeled off and won by panels. *smile* me.

Absolute horror ride and moral beat.

Speaking of which how about the whinging jockeys coming in behind Pride of Jenni. J-Mac saying "embarrassing".

If your not happy about the speed, how about not waiting to get carted up to her and got on your bike and do the donkey work. Weak as *smile*,
Yeah I like Shinn as a jockey; he's one of the best. But that was a terrible ride from him on Atishu. I saw the overhead and front on vision last night. Even in the straight with 200-300m to go he had plenty of opportunity to go through a big gap between horses. But for some reason he was insistent on getting to the outside. It cost him lengths; she should've won by 2 lengths at least. Clearly a case of the best horse not winning the race. The owners are mad for selling her now; she is in career best form.

As for J-Mac, both he and Melham's after race comments were pathetic. They expected Williams on Mr. B and Berry on PDC to do all the donkey work for them and take them into the race behind POJ??? Since when do jockeys ride to favour other horses in a race?? It's not the Tour De France; surely they don't expect someone to cart the peloton up to the breakaway??? What a joke. Pissweak from JMac and Melham; the only embarrassing thing was their lack of stones to do something about it.

Reactions: 2 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Agreed gents the comments from beaten jockeys are pathetic. They got out ridden pure and simple.

Wonder if the big stables like Godolphin etc will react in future to POJ’s daring tactics?

Will they send out some 3rd stringer to act as pacemaker for their horse/ the rest of the field. Or maybe send one out with her to try and drive her mad?

And how long can she maintain these daring tactics? Gotta be taxing on her. Time will tell.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Wow, whingeing about the way a race is run after the winner runs blazing sectionals and wins by 6 lengths. Little munchkins.