Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Re: Thoroughbred Horce Racing

struggletown3121 said:
What an enigma the valley is,its brought undone the best horses its so unique with its tight turns and astroturf (or whatever its called Strathayr??)

Can take some adjustment for some horses, Struggs, but most of the real champions have won there  ;)

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

dmx said:
Chut in anything it runs in.

It's in on Saturday (1400), but I'll wait to see it run. If it shows that it's come back well, back it in anything over 1600 ;)

dmx

Formulating Intrinsic Mechanisms
Apr 21, 2004

Hartbalme said:
dmx said:
Chut in anything it runs in.

It's in on Saturday (1400), but I'll wait to see it run. If it shows that it's come back well, back it in anything over 1600  ;)

i was on in Fastnets win, and if you watch replays you will see what i am talking about. I know Fastnet won pretty easy, but Nickolic had cramps in his arms holding this guy back on the rails, couldnt get a run. When it came it was all over red rover so he didnt push it.
I know ALinghi is the stable star, but I am confident that Chut is the one that is going to fly the flag in the big group one's for the Freeds.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

Was very unlucky a couple of times last year, dare we say 'certainty beaten'. IMO needs a mile plus to show his best.

dmx

Apr 21, 2004

Hartbalme said:
Was very unlucky a couple of times last year, dare we say 'certainty beaten'. IMO needs a mile plus to show his best.

and its pretty easy to see where his going with this guy, Aussie guineas, Aussie Cup, and then off to Sydney to pillage there riches.
Very unlucky horse that if not for bad luck would right now be the talk of the turf, just like another superstar of the past in Might and Power as an early 3yo. But when the luck turned, it was collection time.
Quite confident that come saturday he will toy with his rivals, and then bring on the big guns.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne

CHUT is a mystery to me, I lost stacks on it last spring. It always seems to find a new way to lose, and is quickly becoming a very frustrating horse to follow.

Hopefully there are still a few more stars waiting to show their stuff from the Slade/Freedman connection.  ;)

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

Hartbalme said:
struggletown3121 said:
What an enigma the valley is,its brought undone the best horses its so unique with its tight turns and astroturf (or whatever its called Strathayr??)

Can take some adjustment for some horses, Struggs, but most of the real champions have won there  ;)

LLLLLLLLLOOOOHHHHNNNNRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(with apologies to Bwuce)

dmx

Apr 21, 2004

Look for the other unlucky horse in Davidoff on Saturday in the 3rd. Mixed it with the best as a 3yo. WIth 2kgs off for a G1 winning apprentice, at 50kg against the usual suspects in these races is an each-way spesh.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

struggletown3121 said:
Hartbalme said:
struggletown3121 said:

Like I said, Struggs, the REAL CHAMPIONS ;)

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

Hartbalme said:
struggletown3121 said:
Hartbalme said:
struggletown3121 said:

Like I said, Struggs, the REAL CHAMPIONS  ;)

Shane 'handbrake on a horse' Dye on Veandercross perhaps?? :police: :spin

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

I have warm and fuzzy memories of backing Mannerism that day. Stopped fishing to wander in to the Apollo Bay Pub-Tab, and never got back to fishing ;D

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Lonhro would be the only top class horse that didn't handle the valley that I can think of.

And for those spruiking Chut, refer the posts about Lord Volksraad. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

dmx

Apr 21, 2004

jb03 said:
Lonhro would be the only top class horse that didn't handle the valley that I can think of.

And for those spruiking Chut, refer the posts about Lord Volksraad.  Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

looks like you have been pooped by the chut one to many times jb.
Take heed you will get it back and with better odds in the near future.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

dmx said:
jb03 said:

And for those spruiking Chut, refer the posts about Lord Volksraad. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

looks like you have been pooped by the chut one to many times jb.
Take heed you will get it back and with better odds in the near future.

Only once bmx bandit, and never again ;D

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

Lord Volkswagon is a certified feline.

The jury is still out on Chut, IMO. Watch and wait.

bear

ohh yeh
Jan 30, 2005
Melbourn

Chut i think is a cat it cant pick up its legs.
Neither can that Bulbasaw, jees i have wasted money on that.
But there is this jockey Reese Mcloud, now on emirates stakes day this horse was a wet tracker, who had good form,
paying $12 i had 5 eachway, the jockey to him nearly to the other side of the track, on the turn and the horse still finished 4th, jees i gave him a spray, :mad: he was like :help and i was like >:D then he was like :police: and i was like :rofl

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004

bear said:
But there is this jockey Reese Mcloud, now on emirates stakes day this horse was a wet tracker, who had good form,
paying $12 i had 5 eachway, the jockey to him nearly to the other side of the track, on the turn and the horse still finished 4th, jees i gave him a spray, :mad:    he was like  :help and i was like  >:D then he was like  :police: and i was like  :rofl
:clap :clap

:rofl

another gem, bear.

Avoid Alinghi people. Be patient with her.

bear

ohh yeh
Jan 30, 2005
Melbourn

yes alinghi is a big pussy cat waiting to pounce, and when she does it will be turbo time

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

Gypsy__Jazz said:
bear said:
paying $12 i had 5 eachway, the jockey to him nearly to the other side of the track, on the turn and the horse still finished 4th, jees i gave him a spray, :mad:    he was like  :help and i was like  >:D then he was like  :police: and i was like  :rofl
:clap :clap

:rofl

another gem, bear.

Avoid Alinghi people. Be patient with her.

52 kgs with Ollie aboard??

Dont you think shes fit enough?