Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Re: Thoroughbred Horce Racing

Gypsy__Jazz said:
Silent witness is overrated. I'd like to say him come down to Melbourne and race with real horses. Not the crap that goes round in Hong Kong. I do admit his win in Japan was a nice effort though.

Elegant Fashion can get close in Hong Kong! They're cats.
Silent Witness got in a power of trouble last week and still stormed home to win. There was an article in the South China Morning Post when I was up there about plans for him to take on Fastnet Rock or Yell or possibly Takeover Target.

Elegant Fashion is not a bad horse, he finished fourth in the Mackinnon after Mosse's shocking ride gave him no chance at all in the Cox Plate.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004

Ready said:
Gypsy__Jazz said:
Silent witness is overrated. I'd like to say him come down to Melbourne and race with real horses. Not the crap that goes round in Hong Kong. I do admit his win in Japan was a nice effort though.

Elegant Fashion can get close in Hong Kong! They're cats.
Silent Witness got in a power of trouble last week and still stormed home to win. There was an article in the South China Morning Post when I was up there about plans for him to take on Fastnet Rock or Yell or possibly Takeover Target.

Elegant Fashion is not a bad horse, he finished fourth in the Mackinnon after Mosse's shocking ride gave him no chance at all in the Cox Plate.

Elegant fashion finished 5 & 1/2 lengths behind Grand Armee (A real horse) inmthe MAckinnon and 4.2 lengths behind savabeel in the Cox plate. IT can't get near them in good company which it certainly when it finished fifth in hong kong recently.

I would love to see silent witness in a race with takeover target and fastnet rock.

bear

ohh yeh
Jan 30, 2005
Melbourn

Elegant Fashion cant pick its legs up.
My pug would beat it in a match race>

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121

Elegant Fashion should have finished a lot closer in the Cox Plate. Mosse couldn't judge the pace in transit at all so the horse was spent, and then got stuck on the rails for good measure. David Hayes is no mug and Elegant Fashion didn't come here for a holiday.

Silent Witness is running out of things to do in Hong Kong and the international races aren't on again until December, you'd expect him to either go to England or Australia before then.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004

Ready said:
Elegant Fashion should have finished a lot closer in the Cox Plate. Mosse couldn't judge the pace in transit at all so the horse was spent, and then got stuck on the rails for good measure. David Hayes is no mug and Elegant Fashion didn't come here for a holiday.

So it got no luck in the Cox Plate. FAir enough. The test came on Derby day in the MAckinnon. He had every chance and got killed.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121

All right, we'll agree to disagree.

For those unaware of how Hong Kong racing is structured, instead of the Australian system (maidens, class 1 and so on) they have classes based on ratings points (6 is the worst, then 5 and so on upwards). They also have "griffin" racing for 2YOs. Horses can move up and down the ratings based on good runs and poor efforts, as well as the normal handicapping.

Since there are only two tracks (Sha Tin and Happy Valley) in the jurisdiction, and only a finite number of horses, and only two meetings a week, the lower-class events serve as the equivalent of country racing here, so if you win a few races in a row you will find yourself in a class 1 (similar to a metropolitan race).

Also remember there are only a finite number of horses that are registered by the HKJC so the overall talent pool is a lot smaller. For them to produce horses capable of contesting an Australian Group One is a pretty good achievement.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

I liked Court's in Session's run on the weekend. Not much in it but his early speed was blistering, got a cuddle round the home turn and kicked strongly. Gets the mile. Bit of Raffindale about this bloke. I'll be getting a piece at some stage.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Dyer'ere said:
I liked Court's in Session's run on the weekend. Not much in it but his early speed was blistering, got a cuddle round the home turn and kicked strongly. Gets the mile. Bit of Raffindale about this bloke. I'll be getting a piece at some stage.

Venturing out on a limb here jd but I reckon CIS will not win again this prep. It has peaked and the big guns are coming back.

I stand to be corrected of course. ;D

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

No probs, JB. I respect your pot. I hope your right and he flops then I'll back him at 16's to win the Marlboro Cup, whatever TF that's called these days. ;)

Seriously though, I just had a squizz through his prep and he's had a four run prep culminating in a failure in the Villiers, been freshened but probably still fifth up from one POV last Saturday. How long you can keep a horse up for varies a lot. He's a 5yo. His preps have lasted 6 to 8 runs each in the past and he's been unspectacular but consistent throughout them. Looks like a late bloomer to me. Did you see him on Saturday? Led em four.

It was funny to watch the non-winner mare amble up to him. A perfect study. She just won't go past em.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Dyer'ere said:
It was funny to watch the non-winner mare amble up to him. A perfect study. She just won't go past em.

LOL at that jd. Yes, the grand mare who just keeps on running second, will likely only nose past a horse that I've backed!

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

Hey jb, when Charnwood Green loomed up to Fonome at the 50, (both exceptionally gifted non-winners) they were a half in front of Tuareg. I kept looking further back in the field for the winner. ;D

BTW Bear. If a nonnie finds the line. Keep your eye out. It'll win again. If you get a good price (in my book this means 10s +) and you think he's suited, back him. BTW might prefer some ease in the ground. Charnwood Green- a notorious cockroach about to win again.

frahlee

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2004
MELBOURNE

How about the current 2yo crop guys? Seen anything special? Blue Diamond has been thrown into a bit of disaray with the no race being declared last Weds. McEvoy's filly won very well, but faces nonqualification with all of the mess. I tend to think the Sydney babies have the wood on the Melb. 2yo's. Can't quite think of the name, but Hawke's has a very impressive baby (name is odd sounding, starts with M if that helps). Won so well end of last year in Syd. and has been put away since. I think it's second fav. in slipper markets. Any others anyone has noticed???

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

I had charnwood green last sat drier ears.
Also had 6 of 9 including the trif in R 9,and got mail on Noble Red,but left it alone :'(

Lightning stakes i fancy Perfectly Ready at each-way.
Has massive potenial and is a flying machine,but raw and immature.
Has missed its last two starts and won with a leg in the air.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Dyer'ere said:
Hey jb, when Charnwood Green loomed up to Fonome at the 50, (both exceptionally gifted non-winners) they were a half in front of Tuareg. I kept looking further back in the field for the winner. ;D

BTW Bear. If a nonnie finds the line. Keep your eye out. It'll win again. If you get a good price (in my book this means 10s +) and you think he's suited, back him. BTW might prefer some ease in the ground. Charnwood Green- a notorious cockroach about to win again.

LOL, jd. What about Lord Volksraad. Cracks me up that horse and I'm still wasting money on it!

frahlee said:
How about the current 2yo crop guys? Seen anything special? Blue Diamond has been thrown into a bit of disaray with the no race being declared last Weds. McEvoy's filly won very well, but faces nonqualification with all of the mess. I tend to think the Sydney babies have the wood on the Melb. 2yo's. Can't quite think of the name, but Hawke's has a very impressive baby (name is odd sounding, starts with M if that helps). Won so well end of last year in Syd. and has been put away since. I think it's second fav. in slipper markets. Any others anyone has noticed???

fraaaaahlee, Recent times the Syney 2yo's have been better. I reckon ATM just follow Freedman. Seems right back on top of his game. For 3yo's back Lloyd Wiliams youngsters. Doesn't keep plodders anymore.

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

LMAO@ Lord Volkstraad,biggest bridesmaid ever to run :rofl
LMAO@ Modern Era for being the most over-rated hose possibly ever :rofl

Are we still on Alinghi with Ollie on board with only 52kgs??

bear

ohh yeh
Jan 30, 2005
Melbourn

Strikeline this week currently at $21, on sportsbet, get a piece in might go in or drift, but lst week
pretorious was at $40 and went down to $18 just before the race. and she performed, $6 the drum,
Strikeline not bad form for a horse who would regualary get pulled, but thats my tip for the weekend,
Brian Mayfield-smith a corupt trainer.
Trifecta

Suggested bet
Box trifecta Strikeline, Alinghi, Fastnetrock, Cape of good hope.