Tiger Chant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger Chant

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The sheer volume of our supporter base is enough to send shivers down their spines, we don’t need a catchy little jingle.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I like the Beatles "Twist and Shout" a la Ferris Bueller just like the Motherwell soccer fans do after a victory.

While thats awesome, would prefer something original.

Leave the copying for the other teams.

Reactions: 1 user

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
I’d just be happy if the Tiger army booed as loud as possible when the Cats run out into the ground......circa 2017
I think that is a given. We did it without provocation then. This year Scott has said enough to fire the Tiger army up.

I like the”Scott is a wanker” idea. Wouldn’t mind the whole league starting to do that.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
I think that is a given. We did it without provocation then.

I think it was driven by Mark Williams, who was on the radio earlier that day imploring fans to get more involved to make it more of a home ground advantage.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
It’s a no brainer....
Oh Dusty Martin.
You are the love of my life.
Oh Dusty, I’d let you .... my wife

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Great post, I think its a missing link.

We often forgo a major opportunity to build and sustain momentum because the Richmond clap, clap, clap rarely can be sustained longer than 20 seconds.

I reckon the fast chant of Tiger Army has the best shot because it is simple and familiar - and its also nice that its the opposite to the slow Collingwood chant.

But it needs to be orchestrated by the cheer squad / grog squad to have a chance. Ideally you need the conductor/leader like the balmy army do with the big build up!

Everywhere we go
The people want to know
Who we are
Where we come from
Shall we tell them
Who we are
Where we come from
We are from Richmond
The Mighty Mighty Richmond
We are the Army
The Richmond Tiger Army
Tiger Army
Tiger Army

Last edited:
X

XM24

I'm new to the forum, and what better place to start than one of my favourite aspects of sport... chanting.

I've often wondered why AFL (or Australian chanting in general) rarely goes beyond the [insert here] *clap clap clap*. But I still think some sort of chanting would be a great way of challenging the AFL on their soul-sucking, passivity campaign that is turning the game into a plastic, corporate day out, sort of like what they have done to football in the UK.

Richmond also has an amazingly passionate fan base, a large fan base, and I think chanting is a way to increase that atmosphere, collective feeling and just passion and enjoyment. But yeah, that's just some thoughts. Either way, will always be there no matter what, just irks me how the Collingwood chant goes up, and I'm like, well we can top that.

Anyway, a chant I thought would be good would be:

We Love You Richmond, We Do
We Love you Richmond, We Do
We Love you Richmond, We Do
Ohhhhhh Richmond We Love You

On repeat it'd get louder and could have the chance of bringing in more people to the chant as its easy and catchy.

Can't wait until Saturday, going to be epic!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
"Coooooommmmmme on you Tigessssssssssss"
"Coooooommmmmme on you Tigessssssssssss"

Rip out the Tottenham chant I hear every week watching them.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Best chant is the Richo one used for Richmond (stretching out the i's) "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiichmond, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiichmond, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiichmond"

I think "buuuuuuuuuullshit", "buuuuuuuuullshit" ......has the same sound. :))

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

louloubelle

Tiger Cub
Dec 3, 2015
I agree we need something, but really simple. It could be chanted like a jungle beat- deep and dangerous until everyone shouts ‘ROARS’.
The Mighty Tiger...The Mighty Tiger...The Mighty Tiger ROARS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Shouting Yellow & Black after a win is something no other club has. Hell, even losing teams supporters have to fight the urge to say it as well.