Tiger fans to flock to Jack Dyer Day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger fans to flock to Jack Dyer Day

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
9:52:11 AM Wed 12 February, 2003

The official opening of the new building at Punt Road Oval by a "very special guest" will be a major highlight of Richmond's Jack Dyer Foundation Day on Sunday, March 16.

Another key attraction will be a giant Tiger slide (reportedly the biggest Tiger slide in the known world!) that won't be confined merely to the kids.

Jack Dyer Foundation Day will be a terrific prelude to the 2003 season, providing all Tiger supporters with the opportunity of gracing the hallowed Punt Road Oval turf and enjoying the festivities with fellow members of the Yellow and Black faith.

The gates (turnstiles near the Punt Rd entrance) will open at 11am and the fun continues until 3pm. A gold coin donation is all you'll need to enter and there'll be tin rattlers at the door to take the donations.

Car parking will be available in Yarra Park (please note this is organised through the Melbourne City Council at a charge of $5-$6 per car).

All the Richmond players will join in the Jack Dyer Foundation Day celebrations, all day long, and they are looking forward to joining in a host of activities with the kids (from 11am-12.15pm), including kick-to-kick, handball, golf, drawing, sack races, Tiger Zone, and maybe even that massive Tiger slide!

Popular kids' band "Jelly Beans" will perform, so, too, teenage group "Boyz" and then, later in the day, the mighty "Mega Men" will strut their stuff on stage (as they did so entertainingly at last year's Tiger Family Day).

The Lord Mayor of Melbourne, John So, will hand over a cheque to the Tigers for the new building, which will then be opened by that very special guest, who's bound to attract plenty of attention.

You can bring your own food, or partake of the superb catering available at Punt Road. The bar will also be open, but please note: no BYO drinks.

So, pencil Sunday, March 16 into your diary/calendar now, because it's going to be a great day for the Tigerish . . .

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Khan I'd be surprised if the great man is there. He is very frail these days but you never know. I will be there.

Hope everyone can come along. I was at training today and the new building is taking shape & looking good ;)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I'll be there I hope, as long as the essendon faimly day isn't on the same day because if it is I'll be going to the essendon one. Ok before you kick me off the board or hurl insults I'm only going because last year I dragged my best friend to the richmond family day and she missed the essendon one so I promised her I would go to the essendon one this year even if it's on the day as the richmond one it's only fair. Kicking myself that I made that promise now... oh well if I do go to the essendon one I'll walk around and bag all their players.

A

admin

I suspect Jack will be there, but that it hasn't been announced as definate due to his ill health. :(
My plan B guess is if Jack can't make it, they might launch a new version of Tiggy Tiger. ;D

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
It wouldnt be a moment too soon for a new Tiggy. We have the weakest looking mascot in the league, apart from the Hawk that looks like a chicken, but as least it looks half tough.

We used to have the Tiger with the huge chest muscles and foxtel vest, but the last couple of years have been stuck with a Tiger with a similar build to Aaron Fiora who waltzes around in a bloody suit.

He constantly gets beat up by the Bulldog, Cat and Magpie, which isn't really important, but it just bugs me watching our mascot getting pushed around.

A

admin

I haven't been to family day for years. Would there be an on-stage jumper presentation on the day too?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I haven't been to family day for years. Would there be an on-stage jumper presentation on the day too?

I wonder who wants to volunteer to hand out jumper #3 ;D.