Tigers Almanac 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers Almanac 2019

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Thanks TT, Tenacious and FF. It was also fun to write.

Glad you enjoyed the Almanac, Larabee.

I’m pretty sure there are some left if anyone is looking for a copy.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
The great thing about the Almanac concept is that all the pieces are written by fans. Anyone can put their thoughts down and have them published.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The great thing about the Almanac concept is that all the pieces are written by fans. Anyone can put their thoughts down and have them published.
Lovely article, really enjoyed. Sounds like a brilliant time spent in Italy. Almost felt as good as being at the Granny! ... Almost.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Thanks Leon. we had a ball.

Who gets married in September, right? I have given them a stern talking to on this matter and they won't make that mistake again.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
The 2019 Tigers Almanac is currently in production and should be ready for sale before Christmas. As many of you know, I was lucky enough to get a few pieces published in the 2017 version. I have spent the last couple of weeks tidying up a few more for this one.

The Tigers Almanac has weekly match reviews and every review is written by a Richmond supporter. It makes great reading for anyone that loves the Tigers. Most of the writers put in words what many of us have been experiencing.

John Harms runs The Footy Almanac website where amateur writers have their say on all sorts of sports related topics. Each year, he publishes a compendium of pieces that showcase that year’s Premiers. So there was a Tigers Almanac in 2017 , an Eagles Almanac in 2018 and another one for the Mighty Tigers. this year.

The site is well worth an occasional look.

I thought I would get people in the mood for the 2019 Almanac by linking to some of my pieces from 2018, just for a bit of fun. Somehow, they didn’t make it into the Eagles Almanac!

Here is my piece from Round 16, 2018. Tigers v Adelaide. It’s full of nonsense. Chaos theory, Evil Roy Slade, Mickey Mouse, Goofy and even my long-departed Grand Dad all get a mention. There is even a match review in there somewhere.

I’ll run a few more pieces over the next month or so.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Here’s another piece from 2018 to whet the appetite.

Richmond v Collingwood, late in 2018, Jack Higgins kicks his killer goal of the year, I spend the afternoon with some of PRE’s finest in 3121, dodgy East London lawyers and lots of musical references thrown in, just because I can. Tigers have a great victory.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just watched today, the GF once again.

Never get sick of watching, and whilst enjoying same, noticed the camera panning in on the crowd behind the goals.

Wondered how many of those pictured were PREnders??

Just a thought.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Never get sick of watching, and whilst enjoying same, noticed the camera panning in on the crowd behind the goals.

Just a thought.

My family group of 8 at the game - which includes a couple of PREnders - has been known to stop the video at the appropriate times and watch ourselves behind the left point post at the PRE

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
In the 2017 Grand Final, Jack Graham kicks one of his many goals for the day, and a prominent PREer gets very excited in the background, flapping his arms around wildly.

• Love

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Just a thought.
I was in there..................................................Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell at least for a little while.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008