Tigers are UpAgainst the AFL World | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers are UpAgainst the AFL World

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Don't forget the blatant rewrite of facts! Frankenstein Brown On the Sofa goes "It rained after Q time". WTAF!

zakstar

Tiger Cub
Apr 11, 2014
Love it that there is so much anti-Richmond sentiment flying about.
Players and Club don't need a lot of back slappers to know how they're travelling.
The coach and players know what the focus is and all the twaddle spouted by the talking heads won't have any impact on how the team goes about its business.
RFC knows where it is at and the players are set, determined and primed for a serious assault on the flag.
Let 'em all eat crow.

We need to adopt the old Millwall F.C chant - NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE!

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
No wz Craig. I'm just ecstatic we are hated again. We all know what that means!

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Guess who was missing from On The Couch?
Yippie ya yo lover
Mr I love West Coast.

The only show he misses is the one where we slap his beloved WC.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
And to top off this thread Kane ‘Firefighter’ Cornes has a crack at us playing the last 7 games at the G.
Caro put this imp back in his spot by saying we did all our travelling at the start of the season and called him out for what he is - A Richmond Hater.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
BTW I love this thread. Long may it continue. I hope it out does the Tambling thread.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
And to top off this thread Kane ‘Firefighter’ Cornes has a crack at us playing the last 7 games at the G.
Caro put this imp back in his spot by saying we did all our travelling at the start of the season and called him out for what he is - A Richmond Hater.

I saw that and shook my head in disbelief. WTF is wrong with a lot of these idiots??
All you hear them whine about is the wet weather or our seemingly endless run of 400 games at the G.
The fact is we have ALWAYS played a significant number of games at the G and also in wet weather since 1885..
So why does this grate on the haters so much now?? That’s a rhetorical question by the way.....

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
He even tied to say she was RFC bias and had to even it up !?!
Something I find doesnt get mentioned is that RFC is not the only club at the MCG. Pies, Dees, Blues as well return games this year were at the G. So *smile* what u media flogs.

Win 1 GF in 37 years it becomes a problem. Even the AFL change player set up rules when we dominated again in 2018. Pies win a GF... nope. Hawks 3 in a row... nope. Extrodinary.

Doing a quick check say against the Pies (if Im right) for 2019.
RFC play 9 games that are non MCG vs Pies 8 games that are non MCG
RFC play 13 games at the MCG vs Pies 14 games at the MCG

So why are the some media experts & Brad Scott salty?! I dont get it

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
4th is our best result with the Pussie Cats on top.

Bash the Cats watch Salty Scotty cry and **** and moan and sit back and wait.

Agree. If all goes to plan next round and likely outcomes prevail we'll be playing Geelong at MCG first final.... perfect outcome. Fingers crossed.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
McGuire you could hear his teeth grinding as we knocked his lot out of the 4 again, man he wanted us to lose so so badly and try as he might he could'nt hide it, neither could Russell the wanker.

I heard on radio this morning that when Grimes limped off on Sunday, Eddie said something along the lines that it could be a knee and an ankle... like he was barracking for it to be a serious injury. can anyone confirm this?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I heard on radio this morning that when Grimes limped off on Sunday, Eddie said something along the lines that it could be a knee and an ankle... like he was barracking for it to be a serious injury. can anyone confirm this?

Not as bad as the Rance injury.
Was creaming himself over that

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
It is not hate it is envy.

Many people who support clubs who have under achieved in the last 10 to 15 years want what Richmond achieved in 2017 and continue to do so - win consistently with a proven system. Green eyed monsters are out in force when it comes to where Richmond are at. Many are in denial mainly because of our complete lack of success for 37 years - and they no longer have the easy target whipping boy to make them feel good about their own team's inadequacies - and they want to believe 2017 was a fluke, the minor premiership in 2018 was a fluke (however being beaten in the prelim was expected), and beating West Coast on Saturday was lucky because of the rain. It doesn't matter though we could have won by 100 points with 2 men down and these people would come up with reasons why we were lucky or advantaged.

It is illogical people bring up rain as a reason we were lucky against West Coast, as AFL is a winter sport - it rains regularly right, der. Where is the luck when a team has a system that suits all weather conditions. It is also illogical people say the rain advantaged us on Sunday as we pulled backed more of the 29 point West Coast in the dry (20 points) than we did in the wet. Logic does not apply to those in envy though so no point trying to rationalise with them. Keep off Big Footy would be my advice. I wish all commentators were like our own Richo - wears his heart on his sleeve - and is also measured and logical in his commentary and gives credit where credit is due,. I would put Carey in the same category , and even Lingy as well. I am sure there are others.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He does also understand that about 5 clubs share the G, and some of those games we had scheduled there are actually away games, doesn’t he?