Tigers are UpAgainst the AFL World | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers are UpAgainst the AFL World

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
We only have genuine home ground advantage at the MCG against the 8 interstate teams....at best we play. 5 of them at G this year only 3 last year.
And the minnow club Dockland tenants could be considered disadvantaged playing us at G.
And obviously games at G against co tenants advantage neither side. And I count druggies and blooz and Saltys cats as close enough as tenants as they request and get several HOME games at the G plus the away ones against core tenants like us.

I think many/ most interstate teams play as much at the Dome as we do....so only the travel is a factor then not the ground.

So looking at this years fixture we had 5 games where we had a clear home ground advantage and 8 where we had clear disadvantage 5 on the road, 3 at Dome.l

Last year 5 and 6.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
He does also understand that about 5 clubs share the G, and some of those games we had scheduled there are actually away games, doesn’t he?

West Coast play 12 games every year at Optus. We play 13 at the G. But we also have to move a home game to Marvel every year which is usually played against an opponent who plays there more than us. This cancels out the extra game we play at the G in my opinion.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where’s Healy?
He is harder to find then where’s Wally.
He must be lost knowing we slapped WC, coming from 5 goals down.
I bet when he does come out of hiding he will say WC didn’t have NitNat, Hutchison and Kennedy playing.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
Where’s Healy?
He is harder to find then where’s Wally.
He must be lost knowing we slapped WC, coming from 5 goals down.
I bet when he does come out of hiding he will say WC didn’t have NitNat, Hutchison and Kennedy playing.
Hatred is the cowards excuse for being intimidated.
The more they fear us the more they hate us

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah the commentators are right. We should have played our last 7 games interstate.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
How come we never heard this during the years the Chokers get gifted games there!!

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
West Coast play 12 games every year at Optus. We play 13 at the G. But we also have to move a home game to Marvel every year which is usually played against an opponent who plays there more than us. This cancels out the extra game we play at the G in my opinion.
Plus 10 of their games at Optus are against interstate sides, while nine of our MCG games this year are against teams that also play home games there.

Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Plus 10 of their games at Optus are against interstate sides, while nine of our MCG games this year are against teams that also play home games there.

I was gonna add that as well, but I wanted to emphasise the other point.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Do these so called experts actually watch the game before they make comment? The other day the crazy fool in Sheedy got in on the act. Made every excuse under the sun why West Coast didnt win. Said we were lucky and wouldnt win if we meet again on GF day if its a dry day. We actually played our best footy in the 2nd quarter when it was still bloody dry.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Do these so called experts actually watch the game before they make comment? The other day the crazy fool in Sheedy got in on the act. Made every excuse under the sun why West Coast didnt win. Said we were lucky and wouldnt win if we meet again on GF day if its a dry day. We actually played our best footy in the 2nd quarter when it was still bloody dry.
Many, many people in the AFL don't want to see Richmond succeed. And I think Sheedy is one of them. Because it's not about him.

Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Many, many people in the AFL don't want to see Richmond succeed.

It's really become apparent this week. They had us safely written off after Rance went down, written off again at 7-6, then when we got a run-on they thought one of GWS, Collingwood or West Coast would take us down. Brisbane's their last hope.

I want us to make summer miserable for the haters.

Reactions: 11 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

I cannot understand this line of thought that we are really good in the wet but not so in dry conditions. The game style we are playing is tailor made for dry conditions. It happens that it is also good in wet conditions. But in the wet the chain of disposals breaks down as the ball and ground are wet and slippery.

I am looking forward to getting a bone dry day and if the guys click it will be a joy to watch. Lynch and Riewoldt will kick 12 goals between them.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It's really become apparent this week. They had us safely written off after Rance went down, written off again at 7-6, then when we got a run-on they thought one of GWS, Collingwood or West Coast would take us down. Brisbane's their last hope.

I want us to make summer miserable for the haters.

This , this , and this.

They can all GAGF

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I cannot understand this line of thought that we are really good in the wet but not so in dry conditions. The game style we are playing is tailor made for dry conditions. It happens that it is also good in wet conditions. But in the wet the chain of disposals breaks down as the ball and ground are wet and slippery.

I am looking forward to getting a bone dry day and if the guys click it will be a joy to watch. Lynch and Riewoldt will kick 12 goals between them.
Exactly right TP. Like I posted on Sunday, it's a myth. We're no better in the rain than in the dry.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Exactly right TP. Like I posted on Sunday, it's a myth. We're no better in the rain than in the dry.

Reckon the difference between our dry and wet weather footy is less than other teams. We exhibit a lot of skill in the wet. Might be an issue if we struck a really boggy track with our smaller bodies.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
How come we never heard this during the years the Chokers get gifted games there!!
Never heard it in the days when we consistently lost more than we won. I can remember being belted on the G by interstate sides. Wasn’t an issue for them then.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

I gave it too sheedy when we won it.
He was acting like he stilll part of the club.
He is just a goose