Tigers, Eagles in fixture shake-up | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers, Eagles in fixture shake-up

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sure, but every single twist and turn is blamed on the AFL.

Um, hate to point this out but . . . they are running the show.

Seems stupid to make Richmond return to Sydney, the whole logic of bringing the game forward was because we were already in Perth.

This just defies logic.

Plus, why do we go back to Sydney? I mean, they could maybe fly us somewhere a little closer, I think Bali is closer than Sydney to Perth. I suppose they could fly us to Brisbane, it's about the only capital which is further, maybe Hobart.

This is not anti-Richmond, it is just stupid.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Seems stupid to make Richmond return to Sydney, the whole logic of bringing the game forward was because we were already in Perth.

This just defies logic.

Plus, why do we go back to Sydney? I mean, they could maybe fly us somewhere a little closer, I think Bali is closer than Sydney to Perth. I suppose they could fly us to Brisbane, it's about the only capital which is further, maybe Hobart.

DS

Yeah I'm not sure why we are going back to Sydney. I thought it was WA state covid rules but maybe not. I can only assume it's our choice to stay in Sydney.

If it is our choice, I guess everyone will have to shut up about how unfair it is.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yeah I'm not sure why we are going back to Sydney. I thought it was WA state covid rules but maybe not. I can only assume it's our choice to stay in Sydney.

If it is our choice, I guess everyone will have to shut up about how unfair it is.
Or Tom Morris has got it wrong, because it’s not like he’s never done that before.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Eight clubs including the Tigers and Eagles will now have a bye in round 14, leaving the Tigers free to return to Melbourne in that period as they wished.

So if we can believe the Age we got what we wanted regarding moving the game forward one week.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Here's the likely explanation.

With the Dreamtime game relocated to Perth and a clash with the Eagles in a fortnight, Prestia was asked whether he would want the bye in between those games moved in order to get a fortnight in Western Australia out of the way.

“For me it’s probably what we would be allowed to do in Perth. At the moment in Sydney we have a bit of freedom to still exercise on our day off and be able to train pretty normally and have meetings,” Prestia said.

“I don’t think it’s the same story if we go to Perth at the moment. I think it would be a pretty unfair preparation for us to stay in a hotel for a whole week over in Perth.

“I think most of the guys would be okay with it if we were able to have a bit of freedom and live life a little bit and not be stuck in the hotel for a week.

So we got the bye moved as we wanted and we prefer to stay in Sydney because of the increased freedom and training.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Just checked the fixture on the site that can’t be spoken about and we play Weagles next week at OS in R13 and again in R14. Hope we win both!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Confirmed by Dimma post-game, much better for us to be in Sydney from a training/quarantine point of view.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

This just defies logic.

DS
David, you of all posters should know it's nothing to do with RFC, Eagles or AFL....it's the state governments exercising their rights to treat the same risk with different restrictions. WA more stringent than NSw for dirty Victorians. ( SA dont even allow a team to stay overnight)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully the couple of weeks off has Nank freshened up and he gets back quicker with his knee.

Feb 25, 2007
If the Bummers were allowed to stay in WA for a week, why can't we. Unless it's our call to go back to NSW.

Seems to be our choice. A snippet from the Age!

“Richmond will return to Sydney after their Dreamtime match before travelling to Perth ahead of their match against the Eagles next Sunday,” said AFL general manager clubs and broadcasting Travis Auld.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Seems to be our choice. A snippet from the Age!

“Richmond will return to Sydney after their Dreamtime match before travelling to Perth ahead of their match against the Eagles next Sunday,” said AFL general manager clubs and broadcasting Travis Auld.

Yeah I heard Dimma say it although he wasn't sure. If that WA premier doesn't allow training how did the Bummers do it for a week?

Reactions: 1 users

maisie928

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
Yeah I heard Dimma say it although he wasn't sure. If that WA premier doesn't allow training how did the Bummers do it for a week?
Because Essendon arrived in WA just before the government banned Victorians from entering the state. If the Tigers stayed in WA this week, they would only be allowed out of their hotel rooms for training and that's it.

Reactions: 2 users