Tigers find that goal kicking small forward | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers find that goal kicking small forward

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
TigerFurious said:
Hate to put a dampener on the Zantuck luv fest but IMHO he has no hope of cutting it as a forward, long term. He lacks the skill or creativity required to be a long term success up forward.

Still, its good for the lad to have another string to his bow but if he's got a future it lies in the backline.

Anyone who can - not once, but twice - volley goals through out of midair surely has enough creative flair to cut it as a forward.

Come to think of it, Zantuck's success yesterday should come as no surprise. In his second year, he was shoved forward and managed to kick 1.4. Hardly startling stuff but what it should was that he had the knack to actually find the ball up there.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Some people seem hard to please. He kicked 5, gave one to Houlidud, and should have been a second give me to Tivvers who hit the post from 15 metre out.

Couldn't have asked for more given the circumstances really.

Thought Fiora was quite good. What happened to BOWDEN was showing some skill and hitting the target. Just shows how much of it is mental.

One passenger of play stuck in my mind after watching the game last night, Bowden kicked to Cogs, who kicked to Tivvers who passed to Nichols, fed off the Handball to Fiora who hit Zantuck on the chest who goaled.

Just highlighted what we can do when we move the ball on quickly and are prepared to run the lines. Something we ain't done to much of in recent times.

Why haven't we attempted this more often.

But really showed Spuds negative attitude when he put our best forward (on the day) back into the backline. As the commentator said he could have kicked 6-8 goals and was a clear winner up forward so he moves him down back????

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Having watched the Port video now, I can't believe anyone is belittling Zantuck's game. It was perfect forward play - leading straight up the middle, marking strongly, and kicking very reliably. He also stayed on his feet and was ready to dish off if required (eg presented Houla and Tivva with gimmes). The free kick he got actually showed his value - if you look at it again, the ball comes in, Zanners and opponent start from the same spot, yet Zanners is fast enough and strong enough to get in front, over the ball, and force his opponent to shove him from behind.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
A stroke of Genius to put Zantuck forward. Good coaching. It shows Frawley's prepared to mix it up a bit and try a few things. ;D
Zantuck is a good player and has his whole career before him. As a back man or a forward? Probably as a true utility player in the classic mold that Sheedy embraces. One of very few positives for the year.