Tigers keen to atone: Cambo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers keen to atone: Cambo

A

admin

Tigers keen to atone: Cambo
Howard Kotton
afl.com.au
6:33:46 PM Mon 13 January, 2003

Richmond captain Wayne Campbell says the Tigers are desperate to atone for their disappointing 2002.

"I think everyone within the club wants to take a huge step forward," Campbell told afl.com.au.

"I think across the board we've got to get improvement out of each player. That's where we didn't play well last year as we had individual players playing poorly."

After making it through to the preliminary final in 2001, Campbell said the Tigers expected to take part in September action last year, but they managed only seven wins to finish 14th.

"It didn't happen that way and it has been a huge learning curve for us all," said Campbell, who gained some consolation from the Tigers's poor season by winning his fourth club best and fairest.

But team success is more important to the veteran, who played in only two winning finals in his 12-year career.

"At this stage of my career it's about team success and I would swap the four best and fairests for a premiership any day," Campbell said after winning the Jack Dyer Medal last year.

Campbell is looking forward to the start of the pre-season competition, but the focus remains on round one of the premiership season.

As part of his build-up to the season, the veteran competed in the Pier-to-Pub swim at Lorne last Saturday, as did coach Danny Frawley and club director of football Greg Miller.

"I've never done it before," Campbell said. "It was good to experience something a little bit different. I really enjoyed it."

A

admin

Campbo mentioned possible dirty tactics from Danny in the pier to pub swim. Does anybody know which Tiger came out with bragging rights?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Campbo mentioned possible dirty tactics from Danny in the pier to pub swim. Does anybody know which Tiger came out with bragging rights?

As an old-style defender in his day, I would say Danny ;).