TIGERS NEXT COACH | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TIGERS NEXT COACH

You're off topic frickenel. I was only taking issue with your notion that Frawley is happy with a loss.

Save the rant for another thread.

Dean3 said:
You're off topic frickenel. I was only taking issue with your notion that Frawley is happy with a loss.

Save the rant for another thread.

Dean, re-read your previous comments and then tell me that my comments are "off topic"!!

I mean it's not like i was discussing the marginal fiscal impact of ergot infestation of the barley crops of the East Shettlands in the early 19th century!!!

Yes, please, discuss that - would far more interesting than anything else you've got to say!! ;D ;D

Gawd, you've got me now Walster!

I think "ergot" is a disease or fungus that effects grasses, so unless barley is a type of grass - i think you might have caught me out!!

Frickenel - you need to understand that there are a few posters who don't understand how success is achieved.

Harry said:
Frickenel - you need to understand that there are a few posters who don't understand how success is achieved.

I know Harry, i was just trying to enlighten them.......aaah, but alas - to no avail!

There's an old saying that goes:

"The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plane"!

..........ooops, wrong saying - i think i'm off topic again! ;D

If all else fails, bring back Tommy Hafey. Damn we should have got him back years ago. I remember he put his hand up along with the spud 4 years ago, and was adament that he was the man for the job. I remember being dissapointed that it seemed as though the Richmond football club didn't even seem to take his offer seriously.

Alas now, age is catching up on the great man, and the job would probably kill him. Although having said that, he is the sort of person that would abolutely love the challenge. At the very least I would still like to see him at the club in a perminate job of some capacity. Forget about these "star recruits" like Britain and co.

I am a little tired of it all.

There is a ready made coach sitting out there with no job. He has taken an average team to two preliminary finals and has experience as a premiership player.

His credentials are impeccable as far as I can see.

he is unemployed as a coach. He describes himself as a career coach

What the *smile* are we waiting for.

Go get Terry WALLACE. He will make this club great again. Remember he played in the yellow and black.

i was very pleased to hear that Greg MILLER admitted that he had learnt more this week than he had learnt in 10 months at the club. At least he is prepared to admit that he is still learning about the culture of the RFC, unlike some others.

Go TIGERS

Dean3 said:
"Guess" being the operative word. My point is made: none of us have the first clue what Frawley says to the players when we win, lose or draw, so how can we criticise it?
I've long ago learnt that any coach's public utterings have very little to do with what is said behind closed doors.

You're right Dean, none of us (ecept maybe KL) have any idea what Frawley says behind closed doors. But what I can tell you is that whatever he says doesn't work.

Dean3 said:
"Guess" being the operative word. My point is made: none of us have the first clue what Frawley says to the players when we win, lose or draw, so how can we criticise it?
I've long ago learnt that any coach's public utterings have very little to do with what is said behind closed doors.

Yep Dean3 Your right, none of us know what is said behind those closed doors, BUT having said that, danny is either not getting through to the boys, or the boys arnt listening/responding to him.
You never know Spud might speak with heaps of passion and get angry at them....or it could sound like one of he's press confrences.
"Yea Nah look, not all of youes steped up to the plate this week, but dont worry all you have to do is stop thier running game next week and we'll be cherry ripe" :-\

The thing is we should be able to criticise, because what ever Frawly has said "behind closed doors" HASNT worked, and we shouldnt have to except losing 13 out of 14 games!!!!

I didnt realise that Tommy Hafey had gone for the job as I was in Darwin at the time and missed a lot that went on. But heres an idea from outside the box. Get the Knighter back as coach with Tommy as his mentor.

Walster said:
I didnt realise that Tommy Hafey had gone for the job as I was in Darwin at the time and missed a lot that went on. But heres an idea from outside the box. Get the Knighter back as coach with Tommy as his mentor.

I think there is still much baggage at the club for that to happen for a while hey WALSTER.

I heard Tommy on the radio talking about the coaching position at the time. I don't think he officially applied, but he did express his interest and was very disappointed at the time that the club chose not to even speak to him.

Even if time has passed him by as coach, Tommy has a wealth of knowlege and passion to share in some way.
The surprise for me recently was reading that John Northey had actually applied at the time..

As to our next coach....I've posted a few times that Denis Pagan would be my coach of choice.

From the new brigade coming through I'd go for Gary O'Donnell, possibly Craig Lambert.

Was amusing watching Sheeds and Mick Malthouse on the footy show together this week. Two Tiger champions with so much success at coaching level between them, sadly at other clubs. So far removed from what we have.

I disagree a bit with the people against getting a rookie coach. I think the team needs to rebuild with youth and a new coach could have the enthusiasm and energy to lead them into the future.

Anything would be better than the onfield shambles we are at the moment, especially if people there now are intent on drafting old hacks.