Tigers' top reply | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers' top reply

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigers' top reply
02 May 2004 Sunday Herald Sun
Howard Leigh

DUMPED Richmond players Ty Zantuck and Joel Bowden answered their critics in yesterday's VFL match at the Preston City Oval.

Playing for the Coburg Tigers against the Northern Bullants, Zantuck was best on ground with 6.1 from 19 possessions, while playing dual roles as a defender and a roving commission on the forward line.

Not far behind was Bowden, who gathered 14 kicks and six handballs as a midfielder pushing forward.

The Tigers won 12.8 (80) to 7.16 (58).

Zantuck and Bowden refused to talk to the media after the match, leaving the accolades to Richmond assistant-coach Darren Crocker and Coburg coach David Flood.

Crocker said Zantuck and Bowden had a terrific attitude after being told of the relegation to VFL earlier last week.

"Zantuck made the most of his opportunity and could have finished with seven goals," Crocker said. "I thought Bowden was terrific – we couldn't have been happier."

Flood said Bowden's presence had provided impetus to the Coburg list players.

"Joel certainly wasn't best man on the ground, but he worked in close and took some good grabs," Flood said.

There was some bad news for Richmond, with Matthew Rogers leaving the field during the third quarter with a recurrence of a strained quadricep and Tasmanian draft pick Alex Gilmour, 17, being taken to hospital with a suspected scratched eyeball.

Richmond squad member Shane Tuck, who had 20 touches in the midfield, Kayne Pettifer, three goals from 19 possessions, and defender Dean Talbot, 17 possessions, were among Coburg's best.

The Bullants' best was rover Darren Hulme, who had 18 kicks, 10 handballs and six effective tackles.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9443966%5E19895,00.html