To Whom It May Concern | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

To Whom It May Concern

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
rosy3 said:
I have to ask though, why continue to support Richmond? If you see no hope of Danny changing, what makes you think anything will ever change at Richmond?

You disagree with my statement Rosy because you misunderstand what I'm saying.

Take out all the ideas, attitudes, etc. Who we think people are is not relevant to what I am talking about. You're attaching history to people. So, based on the past, you believe some people can never change. That may be the case. But, if they wanted to they could.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Start at the base where everybody is able to change, if they want to. Putting past history aside, why can you believe one person can change if you don't believe another can?

Or, if you want to believe that one person can change, then you have to be able to believe that anybody can.

Whether they actually do or not is not the issue here.

If that doesn't help Rosy, I'm not sure how else to explain it. :p

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
[Or, if you want to believe that one person can change, then you have to be able to believe that anybody can.

Didn't I just say that MC?

I still don't follow you, of course anyone can change. How long do you give them though? If a person isn't working out there is an option of changing them rather than waiting for them to change.

No need to explain further MC, If I don't understand it doesn't matter. I'm not really that interested.

Whoops hope that didn't sound rude, I just see no point continuing with a discussion heading nowhere but around in circles. :)

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Dean3 said:
What do you know about Craig Lambert? I'd like to know some detail about why he'd make a good coach.

And surely you're not serious — even a flag wouldn't convince you about Spud? Please tell me that's a bad joke.

I know that Lambert was a smart footy player, who obviously has potential as a smart footy coach, otherwise he wouldn't be sitting next to Leigh Mathews for the past 3 years or so.

He is at a successful club, with a successful coach which are 2 big +'s, wouldn't you say Dean??? He has been surrounded by elite people at every level - which has gotta be the best grounding a 'wanna be' coach could have.

Besides all that, he was a respected man by all at the RFC but above all - he couldn't possibly do half as bad as the current clown we have.

And yes, I was dead serious about my flag comment - if we happened to win won under DUD, I'm sure the underlying factors would run far from Frawleys influence. I would and rightly so, give credit to the boot studder before spud!!!

Tell me this, surely you're not serious in thinking Danny could bring us one, a flag that is??? Please tell me that's not true......

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Warragul Tiger said:
NeWmAn said:
Basically, I honestly believe that the spud just doesn't have what it takes, full stop - not even a flag would change my mind on his coaching ability.

Can you run that by me again?

This is hypothetical I know - but are you saying that even if Danny Frawley coached Richmond to a flag - you would still class him as a "dud"?
What about 2 flags?
What about 5 flags?

That seems a bit narrow-minded to say the least.

WT - you shouldn't be so shocked.

Can I say that Newmo's don't surprise me in the least. He is not the only person feels this way. I had someone say exactly the same thing to me earlier this season when we were sitting 6-3 after the Port Adelaide game.

It went something like this (remember we were 6-2):
"Frawley's doing OK this year but I reckon next year we will be better"

KL: "Why next year?"

"Cos we wil have Sheedy back and he'll win us a flag"

KL: "What if we win the flag" (queue the baggers ;D)

"So what Danny goes and we get Sheedy that's all that matters"

KL: "What the :-\"