Today's tactics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Today's tactics

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
As everyone is aware I think Danny is hopeless at strategy and tactics. As each match goes by it just reinforces that view in my mind.

- Persisted with the Land Of Giants forward set up all day instead of trying a small forward line to try something different (eg: Bowden to FF as he's doing bugger all up the ground )

- Negatively flooding the backline after halftime to "protect" the scoreboard giving up any chance to kick more than 1 or 2 goals. That last quarter was crap to watch.

- Once again we struggled to that magic total of around 6-8 goals for the match. No wonder so few tiger supporters turn up now.

I was switching b/w MMM and 3AW. As Gus said they were questioning the game plan. Reckon 10-12? year old Laura was the best caller. She said Danny is so negative and that he has the side playing with no passion. Get this little girl on the match committee next year ;D .

GoldCoastTiger said:
I still dont understand how they could have such a great start to the season then fall away like we have.. it just doesnt make sense.. is our 'lack' of game plan to blame.. why was it winning matches earlier in the year?

We didn't have our forward talls Richo, Otto and Dutchy so Danny was forced to come up with something different which caught out oppositions as we weren't predictable like now.

Is our game so easy to read and nullify by the other 15 coaches?

Took them about 8 rounds to figure out with Cambo missing you just have to target Cogs and Johnson in the centre as we have no depth. Once our talls came back all opposition coaches needed to do as the usual tactic of double/triple teaming our tall forwards as we always bomb aimlessly long after handballing numerous times like the footy is a hangranade.

Or is Wayne brittain intent on trying to deliver two shocking seasons to 2 different clubs within 12 months??

Danny is head coach so he has the final say but obviously no one in there with him can think of a alternative game plan.
It's no use Danny coming out in the press like last week saying the saints game was not the way we are meant to play when this negative style is the norm for the past 2 years and today's game is a repeat of this negative style. Who are they trying to kid? :mad: .

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
mightytiges said:
It's no use Danny coming out in the press like last week saying the saints game was not the way we are meant to play when this negative style is the norm for the past 2 years and today's game is a repeat of this negative style. Who are they trying to kid? :mad: .

This is the thing that annoys me most of all MT. He comes out in the press and says this is not our game plan we won't be doing this next week or that next week and what do we do. Come out and do exactly what Danny says we won't be doing. i hope this is not his best attempt to at out smarting the oppostion.

If not what other excuses are their. No one listens to a word he says??????

Or even worse he has no say in the game plan.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Mark Harvey about was questioned about the Bummers poor last quarter. He said they wanted to get as many miles into some players as they could, in particular persisted with some talls when the conditions didn't suit them.

The score board flattered Richmond a bit. If the Bummers were serious they would have slaughtered us.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
GoldCoastTiger said:
i was flabbergasted last year when i heard about Brittain's apointment.. here was the man who took Carlton to there worst ever season (over salary cap too..lmfao..still :p) .
Why the Tigers got him will always be a bit of a conundrum to me......

Yeah, this one bugs me as well. There was a very well
established VFL "coach of the season" just waiting in
the wings (Alan Richardson - Coburg's previous coach).
He wanted to move into AFL coaching. He certainly had
a good record. Richmond pissed him around and he
couldn't wait any longer and was offered a job at the Bulldogs.
I might be wrong, but I beleive, that Richmond did that because Brittain became available - and they made a
play to get him. Mistake in my view.

I would have much prefered Richardson to Brittain - and
Coburg probably would have been spared having to
stuggle with a rookie VFL coach this year as well.

EVERY Blues fan I speak to laughs about it. They see
the same crap in Richmond's play as they went through.
They are very happy to be rid of him.