Tom Boyd Request Trade to Western Bulldogs

Pappy

Tiger Rookie
Mar 16, 2013
Breaking - Tom Boyd has asked to be traded to WB.
GWS are not prepared to entertain the trade.
It's funny what happens when the shoe is on the other foot, hey??

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
Pappy said:
Breaking - Tom Boyd has asked to be traded to WB.
GWS are not prepared to entertain the trade.
It's funny what happens when the shoe is on the other foot, hey??
If true wow. Now here's a player for us to go after! CHF sorted for next 10 years. Vital posi we have had no one to fill for years n years.
Can then concentrate on mids mids mids for next 3 years.

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
Sounds like they have liquid papered out Pattons name replaced with Boyd and offered him the same contract Patton was supposedly getting prior to the knee blowout.

go polo

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2005
How can the doggies offer him a contract when he is currently contracted to another club. Is there a breach of draft rules here

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
keepa lids onit said:
If true wow. Now here's a player for us to go after! CHF sorted for next 10 years. Vital posi we have had no one to fill for years n years.
Can then concentrate on mids mids mids for next 3 years.
I would love to have him problem is gws would want the farm for him.

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
nath8855 said:
GWS didn't want dusty last year. why would they take him now.
If he was actually keen to go they would have Silvagni said there was no point because it became apparent very early that his heart was at Richmond.

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
The news on 7 said that the Saints have got on to this and are offering their number 1 pick for him and maybe a player. Interesting. Wonder why he would want to go to either side really although the reported $1mil offer from the doggies may help.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
tigerlee said:
The news on 7 said that the Saints have got on to this and are offering their number 1 pick for him and maybe a player. Interesting. Wonder why he would want to go to either side really although the reported $1mil offer from the doggies may help.
Yep Stevo saying could be 1.1 per year for 6 or 7 years..

Tigertough1974

Tiger Superstar
Oct 1, 2013
Massive overs, only need to look at Patton to see that things can go pear shaped for even the players having huge potential

I guess Bullies are wanting to make a statement, the statement is somewhat lost though when your wanting to pay a 2nd year player as much as GAJ/Buddy

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
brigadiertiger said:
If he was actually keen to go they would have Silvagni said there was no point because it became apparent very early that his heart was at Richmond.
A lot of that was due to the Merkin hawking him around and seeing if he could get more for him than what the Tigers had on the table. Dustin never wanted to go anywhere, and if he did he'd be worth a damn sight more now than he was last year. Boyd's still very much an unknown quantity. About time GWS got bent over by someone for one of these high draft picks they kept stock piling.

Kaelan

Tiger Superstar
Aug 7, 2004
Perth
The Boyd situation just got interesting with pickering declaring there is no way Boyd will be at GWS in 2016.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kaelan said:
The Boyd situation just got interesting with pickering declaring there is no way Boyd will be at GWS in 2016.
Obviously, but at least this way Boyd will be something more of a known quantity and GWS will get a fair opportunity to make contact with all clubs in pre negotiations to ascertain a fair deal for Boyd.
Griffen for Boyd as a flat deal is highway robbery should Boyd be half as talented as claimed.
Bulldogs brain warping offer of approx 4.5 mill over five years for a kid who's only played a handful of games would be snapped up by any youngster n his manager. Pickers must be pissed about missing the commission. Stupid thing is that Boyd is only entitled to be paid his flate rate AFL set fees next year as a second year draftee.
Doggies think they have issues with players now, how do you think some of their other young players on two, three hundred thou a year will feel if Boyd starts rolling in a mill a year n doesn't start getting a kick n influencing games till he's been there for three or four years. The young fella aint Juddy or Gazza or Flanklin just yet.

Wildcat

Tiger Superstar
Oct 25, 2012
I hope Boyd eventually gets to the doggies .. and i hope the Doggies win a flag before GWS - wishful thinking maybe …but they deserve it more than others do. They need some luck and its good to see people wanting to go to the doggies. I grew up in the 80's and saw the tigers on the same level as St Kilda and the Doggies (and felt i watched them improve before we did) . We are finally making steps to improve across the board and id rather see traditional clubs moving forward than any of the newer clubs. Do the trade, Both want out - suck it up GWS and move forward with those that actually like your club (or the money - whatever).

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
For 1mio a year I'd want to go to the doggies too.

Pisses me off that we have to spread our $ around but a recipient club like Footscray can offer a 7 gamer 1mio a year on a long term contract.

Where's the logic ?