Tom Boyd Request Trade to Western Bulldogs

Chimptastic

Tiger Superstar
Aug 22, 2014
Boyd knows he won't be traded this year. So do the Bulldogs. They know he'll come in 12 months' time.

But with Griffen leaving and their coach sacked, the Dogs were facing their worst bad press in years. So they asked Boyd to make it public to generate excitement.

Dogs fans suddenly happy again. Incompetent club staff no longer under pressure.

Dogs are a rabble.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
If this doesn't eventuate this year, I'd expect another club to thrown an even bigger carrot
his way.

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
tigers80 said:
If this doesn't eventuate this year, I'd expect another club to thrown an even bigger carrot
his way.
yep wont be just the dogs after him in 12 months time.

percyms

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
Yep - they got their man but look at GWS. Now have picks 4, 6, 7 and Griff - God just how many first round picks this mob have had over the last three years is mind blowing.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
percyms said:
Yep - they got their man but look at GWS. Now have picks 4, 6, 7 and Griff - God just how many first round picks this mob have had over the last three years is mind blowing.
They keep walking out the door.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Retired at 23.The cynic in me wonders how front loaded his contract was.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Still only 23.

I reckon at some stage in the future he,ll find a third club.

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Baloo said:
[/quote

Would it still not have to be included in Bulldog's salary cap?, same as if Lynch or Buddy didn't see out their contract.

Regardless good luck to Tom and his mental health.

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
caesar said:
Baloo said:
[/quote

Would it still not have to be included in Bulldog's salary cap?, same as if Lynch or Buddy didn't see out their contract.

Regardless good luck to Tom and his mental health.
On SEN they said because he won't be getting paid and released from his contract totally, it will no longer form part of the salary cap. That should give Bulldogs a decent war chest.

Apparently if a player comes to a club under free agency the rules are different and regardless if player is getting paid or not it has to be included in cap?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Hope Boyd manages life well now - if you are going to play 1 stellar game in your career, he certainly chose a good one to do it in.

On another side note, Doggies traded out the poisoned chalice is pick 6 for him.

And GWS picked up Caleb Marchbank with that pick 6 - the story is not getting any better - I can’t remember what the bloos gave up for him but that pick 6 may have burnt all of doggies, blues and GWS.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Baloo said:
Good point. Who knows the real truth.

Let's just hope Dusty keeps faith with us.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Should have a Norm Smith, he was robbed. Collossus in that GF. They can never take that off him.

Midsy

Into the future...
Jan 18, 2014
London
Baloo said:
Mentioned on 3AW that he was on minimum wage in the first year. How it was structured after that, who knows.