Tom Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Green

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
So this Tom Green they are all keen on due to him being compared to Cripps is the grandson of Richmond's four-time flag winner Michael Green but GWS get dibs because of their academy which seems to span the entirity of Australia. It seems to me the AFL will stop and rest at nothing until they get this mob a Premiership... I mean this guy is touted as a top 5 player but GWS will get him for swome junk round 2 picks most likely..

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
So this Tom Green they are all keen on due to him being compared to Cripps is the grandson of Richmond's four-time flag winner Michael Green but GWS get dibs because of their academy which seems to span the entirity of Australia. It seems to me the AFL will stop and rest at nothing until they get this mob a Premiership... I mean this guy is touted as a top 5 player but GWS will get him for swome junk round 2 picks most likely..

Sadly seems the case...... don't think I'm allowed to link to the atrocious football liars site, but I just listened to him interviewed on their road to the draft podcast.....
Though he's trained with them, lived with them and playing neafl with them....... he said he still barracks for the tigers!
Surely Benny has some old dirt on Campo he can use as leverage :cool:

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Was born in NSW. His dad is an army helicopter pilot. Sadly he sits smack bang in the middle of GWS territory.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We had zero dibs on him. The GWS academy is a legit claim. I have this kid in the same bracket as Anderson & Rowell.

Don't forget, GWS have their first round pick + Essendon's pick from the Shiel trade. GWS are sitting pretty.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We had zero dibs on him. The GWS academy is a legit claim. I have this kid in the same bracket as Anderson & Rowell.

Don't forget, GWS have their first round pick + Essendon's pick from the Shiel trade. GWS are sitting pretty.

cant we bid on Academy kids and make them pay a fair price?

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
cant we bid on Academy kids and make them pay a fair price?

Any club can bid. I would hope that a club before GWS use the Essendon pick (7-10 range) bid on him. We won't get the chance at 12-18.

Having two 1st' and a kid like Green available makes them just about bullet proof at this years draft.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
We can always bid if we want him. Then they just overbid and get him anyway.

The GWS Academy is a very inclusive Academy. According to secret AFL documents, a player qualifies for the GWS Academy if he meets ANY ONE of the qualification Criteria:

1. He was born in their zone.
2. He lives in their zone.
3. He used to live in their zone.
4. At least one of his parents has visited the Opera House as a tourist
5. Both of his parents have seen a picture of the Opera House
6. None of the above but GWS want him anyway.

It is very inclusive. There are not very many ways to miss out.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

The GWS Academy is a very inclusive Academy. According to secret AFL documents, a player qualifies for the GWS Academy if he meets ANY ONE of the qualification Criteria:

I think they're including 7. Supports, or can name, an NRL Team

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Absolute bloody disgrace if this is allowed.
Tigers need to fight this one .

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
300full-tom-green.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Any club can bid. I would hope that a club before GWS use the Essendon pick (7-10 range) bid on him. We won't get the chance at 12-18.

Having two 1st' and a kid like Green available makes them just about bullet proof at this years draft.

The Academy just allows them to keep on rolling on bringing in first rounders .
Contrived as all #^&%$

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Not far off it by the looks of it TOTty

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I hate this. There should be a rule that a club gets dibs on the same amount of generations as premierships played.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I hate this. There should be a rule that a club gets dibs on the same amount of generations as premierships played.

there should at least be a great grand parent, great uncle rule.

3 generations, 100 games..

*smile* west Sydney and Gold Coast. Its not our fault the *smile* are cultureless johnny-come-latelys