Tom Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Green

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Club should've been on the front foot, apparently he was dominating junior footy.
We should've 'west Coast' him.
This is no different to Dunkley.
Played for us in the twos. We should've done 'west coast" to him too.
Im not happy

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not much we could have done in this case other than lobby AFL for Grandfather - Grandson picks. Not worth the cost of the paper and envelope we'd send the email in.

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Zones are *smile*. It’s like the next generation players. If they come from a football background they should not be part of it.

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
If it wasn’t for the creation of GCS and GWS, the entire competition would be flush with elite talent, however many gems like Sydney Stack and Tim Kelly would not have been given a chance because of the thin talent pools currently on offer so I suppose it evens out in the end. The development of juniors in non traditional footballing states has validity as many of these young men would simply be lost to other codes.
The NG zonings on the other hand are ridiculous. We get this huge plot of dirt that you can’t grow corn on, whilst Essendon gets given a virtual football factory. Like the handing out AFLW licenses, totally random with no justification or equality formulation.
RFC should relocate the entire Tiwi Island community to Mildura.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Was born in NSW. His dad is an army helicopter pilot. Sadly he sits smack bang in the middle of GWS territory.

Out of interest - I’m assuming Tom Greens dad was Mikes son. Is that correct?
If so - does anyone know the footy background (if any) of this bloke?
I guess back in the day he was the potential father-son prospect and I’m just wondering if he inherited any of Mikes footy genes - or if they skipped a generation.
I don’t ever remember hearing anything of him - but Mike was a dead set champion.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Seriously what’s the old man doing?
He should be ‘Chambers/Pyman’ them in the Draft.
He should write a letter to all clubs telling them my son isn’t interesting in playing for your *smile*, plastic, no supporters football club.
Get stuffed.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Out of interest - I’m assuming Tom Greens dad was Mikes son. Is that correct?
If so - does anyone know the footy background (if any) of this bloke?
I guess back in the day he was the potential father-son prospect and I’m just wondering if he inherited any of Mikes footy genes - or if they skipped a generation.
I don’t ever remember hearing anything of him - but Mike was a dead set champion.
Mike Greens son played in our under 19s in 1991. He was a small red haired battler back poscket. Thought he could have made. Wasnt worse than a lot of the players we had on our list in '91/'92!

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Mike Greens son played in our under 19s in 1991. He was a small red haired battler back poscket. Thought he could have made. Wasnt worse than a lot of the players we had on our list in '91/'92!
Thanks for that info tt
Interesting how things work out - and that the grandson seems to be a potential gun.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Besides Richo, we suck at father and sons.
The only time we get a possible top 5 pick he is the grand son of a premiership player.
The AFL needs to change the rules.
If it was Geelong in the same boat, I bet Hocking would have the kid in blue and white next year.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Yep Michael Roach was 193cm. Was waiting patiently for his son Tom to grow into a 196cm+ frame but instead he became a 184cm midget. We suck at it.

True - although Joel Bowden served us well.
Fingers crossed that Paddy Naish will have a long and successful career also.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
True - although Joel Bowden served us well.
Fingers crossed that Paddy Naish will have a long and successful career also.

These days you know when you have a talented kid on your list, its not like the old days you would wait and wait for nothing to happen.
These days the kids like bompatelly Cripps Stack show something from the first year.
Hopefully for naish he can turn into a quality winger.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Before getting too angry, don't forget the kid can choose not to be an academy selection.
Yep. Then he becomes available to any club that thinks they might want him.
Can't understand what all the sook is about, apart from perhaps it might be a nice fairy story n we all lived happily ever after because he should somehow belong to us.
Kids grown up in the NSW ACT region played all his footy there, gone to school there, got all his mates there, been in the GeeWhizz development system. Yet he should cancel an opportunity to stay where he and his family lives n take the punt he won't end up at the Frockers, Mould Coast or some other interstate team. Reckon I know what I'd be doing in his shoes.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Before getting too angry, don't forget the kid can choose not to be an academy selection.
Don't understand why anyone would

You can see the disappointment on each kids face when they are picked by gws on draft night.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
he has a simple choice play for Warner Brothers football club or come to real club.
Where he might be remembered