Tom Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Green

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Feel confident that he is exactly what we need. Apparently we made a last ditch effort to trade for him on trade night.
Are we still after him?
Signed a 2 year extension early in the year so can't see it happening.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Signed a 2 year extension early in the year so can't see it happening.
I think our priority is re signing or extending contracts of the legal team( Baker, Bolton and Balta) as well as players like Graham , however Im guessing Green would be the next in line.

Balmey an co are going to have some bloody hard work dealing with managers in this climate and somethings going to give , more then ever I’d think it’s more about what we keep then what we get.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Flea74

Tiger Rookie
Aug 10, 2004
Horsham
I think our priority is re signing or extending contracts of the legal team( Baker, Bolton and Balta) as well as players like Graham , however Im guessing Green would be the next in line.

Balmey an co are going to have some bloody hard work dealing with managers in this climate and somethings going to give , more then ever I’d think it’s more about what we keep then what we get.
Perryman & Green for Caddy, Broad + a second rounder? (and we pay half of Caddy's 2021 contract?)... :)

• Wow

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Do we really need him to be fast when he plays inside getting the ball out to the quicker players? I thought we needed an extractor - he would be it!

Yeah he does, with the current game plan. We already play with a liability in Martin. Don't get me wrong, he is the perfect liability, and is covered by Lambert and others. But dusty has pace and can get into our formidable defensive structure. Tom Green will be an excellent player. But he reminds me of Shane Tuck. If he doesn't win it inside he becomes a liability in transition.

That would be my concern.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Need to get this boy out of the Sydney Showground before he is butchered by the GWS junior development program. Can't have him becoming another Coniglio.

Reactions: 3 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The only knock on Green is he is slooooowwww.
Watched his kicking for goal was pretty ordinary , not sure I’d be putting up a trade like he’s the next Fyfe. I’d offer a r1 or if they were after one of our rucks which I feel they are , straight swap , boots on our foot there

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ok he's a dud lets move on and just grab Riccardi then for when Jackmond retires !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I dont see any Carlton supporters complaining about how slow Cripps is

If there is a chance to get Green we simply must do all we can to bring him home , This kid will be the biggest extractor in the afl in 3 years time

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Sorting some recent purchases today for the collection and came across this one. In good nick for a 50-year-old card! More than a passing resemblance to young Tom?

Mike Green 1970.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 15 users