Tom Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Green

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Only because we haven't had the opportunity to do it YET !! :D

They'll change the rules on the run if they ever get a sniff we're a chance to benefit from the rort.

A bit like the Brando compo pick this year..................................

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Do the Pies have an upcoming grandfather/grandson player in the works?

AFL will change the rules to suit them.

Instead, we will be forced to pay a premium for Green in a couple years when we should have had him with #19.
How ?

Their is no Grandfather/ Grandson rule

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
They'll change the rules on the run if they ever get a sniff we're a chance to benefit from the rort.

A bit like the Brando compo pick this year..................................
Where's the outcry from the media that a club who finished second last year got a top 5 kid for pick 40?

Loved when Green said he barracked for the tigers in the GF.

See you at punt rd in a few years Tom.

Reactions: 9 users

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
Do the Pies have an upcoming grandfather/grandson player in the works?

AFL will change the rules to suit them.

Instead, we will be forced to pay a premium for Green in a couple years when we should have had him with #19.

they missed Ed Richards the same way a couple years back

edit - beat me to it baloo

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Has he stated he wants to be traded to the RFC next year yet ......................................................:p.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Already happened. Lou Richard's grandson was selected but Footscray

Lou is his great uncle. Grandfather is Ron Richards.

Anyway I hope he gets BOG every time he plays Collingwood.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Tom also has a brother that is not bad either , Joshua Green

Lets get the brothers where they belong

• Love

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tom also has a brother that is not bad either , Joshua Green

Lets get the brothers where they belong

Tommy he doing his warm up at GWS.
He will be at punt rd soon enough.
What an absolute disgrace he is forced to play for a club that holds nothing for him.
His mum and dad are from Melbourne. Because his mum trains with the AIS and moved the family up there all of sudden he becomes a GWS academy kid.
Its *smile*.
Some punters are saying he would've gone in the top 3 in the draft without the academy contention.
Cant wait to see the faces of Healy Robbo Pinocchio and king when he wants out of GWS.
Especially after he has just won the Norwich Rising Star award

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully the RFC wants this kid if he's as good as many are saying, and hopefully he wants to be rid of the Plastic Fantastics and get to his spiritual home as soon as he can.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully the RFC wants this kid if he's as good as many are saying, and hopefully he wants to be rid of the Plastic Fantastics and get to his spiritual home as soon as he can.
Could be that he's mighty happy at GeeWhizz after they brought him through their junior academy n then drafted him. Not far down the road from Canberra to get home from Sydaknee n GeeWhizz even play some home games there to involve the ACT in Aussie rules footy. He might find it's the near perfect fit for him.
It's something I could never understand, when South Melb first got moved up to become Sydaknee. They made virtually no effort to embrace the two areas that actually had some Aussie rules following in the ACT n Wagga / Riverina.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever
Accept football talent from 3rd generation Aussie rules playing at high levels,let alone footy royalty belongs in a club academy, academy talent strictly should be aimed at kids in your area who could or would not play AFL otherwise,farging hope he leaves year one.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
KId was at the grand final with the GWS academy kids all supporting GWS except Green who was going spastic for the mighty Tigers to win and was over the moon and couldnt hide his emotions. Lets hope the tigers are into him for the next 2 years and make sure his love for the tigers doesnt fade.

Would be a fantastic get for the club

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Would love love love Tom Green,
Is it just us biast Tigers that think he will eventually leave his family and state to play for our mighty club and that no love for gws will develop to override his Tiger love.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Would love love love Tom Green,
Is it just us biast Tigers that think he will eventually leave his family and state to play for our mighty club and that no love for gws will develop to override his Tiger love.
Im sure there will be love for the GWS and his team mates but with the amount of talent thats getting contracted and will continue to be contracted fortunately for Richmond Green will get squeezed out in 3 years time when he has been developed and is ready to get more games and earn more $$$

Which coincides perfectly with our older players like Riewoldt , Cotchin , Grimes , Astbury , getting to their last years and Richmond being in the perfect spot to go after green.

I personally believe he will be a Richmond player in 3-4 years 80%

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Im sure there will be love for the GWS and his team mates but with the amount of talent thats getting contracted and will continue to be contracted fortunately for Richmond Green will get squeezed out in 3 years time when he has been developed and is ready to get more games and earn more $$$

Which coincides perfectly with our older players like Riewoldt , Cotchin , Grimes , Astbury , getting to their last years and Richmond being in the perfect spot to go after green.

I personally believe he will be a Richmond player in 3-4 years 80%
Don't forget turk that GeeWhizz seem fairly handy at off loading expensive and or injury prone players that no longer suit their needs. There'll be a flush out of some of their initial players that have reached elder statesman level over the next couple of years, enabling them to have more room in the cap to pay young up n comers plenty of moolah. Davis, Ward, Jacobs, Heater, de Boer, Keefey, Mummy. Might not be a massive amount of money there but there'll be enough to keep the youngsters interested as they develop. There's always the sweet carrot of expected regular finals, perhaps even a flag.
Then add in the facts they can live their lives reasonably anonymous in Sydaknee, he's an hour n a half drive or half hour flight from a visit home some weeks n it might be more than enough to keep him happy.
While I'm a big fan of the romance of family members playing for their fathers or Grand fathers club n would be happy to see him at Tigerland, there's still the prospect that he doesn't elevate to the level, becomes seriously injury prone or perhaps even decides that the AFL life isn't half of what it's hyped up to be, n he's cooked in three or four years time.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Don't forget turk that GeeWhizz seem fairly handy at off loading expensive and or injury prone players that no longer suit their needs. There'll be a flush out of some of their initial players that have reached elder statesman level over the next couple of years, enabling them to have more room in the cap to pay young up n comers plenty of moolah. Davis, Ward, Jacobs, Heater, de Boer, Keefey, Mummy. Might not be a massive amount of money there but there'll be enough to keep the youngsters interested as they develop. There's always the sweet carrot of expected regular finals, perhaps even a flag.
Then add in the facts they can live their lives reasonably anonymous in Sydaknee, he's an hour n a half drive or half hour flight from a visit home some weeks n it might be more than enough to keep him happy.
While I'm a big fan of the romance of family members playing for their fathers or Grand fathers club n would be happy to see him at Tigerland, there's still the prospect that he doesn't elevate to the level, becomes seriously injury prone or perhaps even decides that the AFL life isn't half of what it's hyped up to be, n he's cooked in three or four years time.
Personally i think they have all been factored in with the extensions of Whitfield,Coniglio,Kelly and With Cameron ,Hopper to be signed this year there has been alot of backending going on in an effort to keep the band together. They also have the talent the drafted the last 2 years that will be looked at with contracts.

Green , O'Hallaran , Caldwell , Taylor , Hately and another 10 more 1st round draft selection that are going to need bigger $$$
We should be well and truly at Green & Caldwell's managers

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
It's something I could never understand, when South Melb first got moved up to become Sydaknee. They made virtually no effort to embrace the two areas that actually had some Aussie rules following in the ACT n Wagga / Riverina.
Think you will find Sydney got a number of good players from the Riverina Kelly, Carroll, Quade, Barry the Daniher's at some stage and probably a few more. The academies and priority picks except father/ son did not exist until relatively recent times so arguably they missed out on the longmuires Carey. Crawford etc