Tom Mitchell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Mitchell

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Won’t happen. We are after midfielders in the mid 20’s bracket. Players like Merrett.

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I think there are short memories on here. Mitchell pre-leg was a jet, a gun, inside and out, and kicked goals. Untaggable..
we struggle inside without Prestia. At the right price this can be budgeted as a 2-3 year fix - this bloke is a footballer with a point to prove and a desire for a flag, a total pro..
I see merit in this for sure, giving up pick 16 could pinch us another flag if he finds his best in our environment

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It just isn’t our style. We haven’t targeted players in that age group for quite a few years now and it would be a major change in recruiting philosophy for us to do so.

Reactions: 2 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
This will be Cotchin’s last year, but we will not be getting Mitchell to replace the great champion of our football club.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Probably not true because the reporter is the same guy who thought he knew Jack’s medical history better than Jack.

He was totally exposed as a liar, so will never have credibility with me.

If it’s someone else reporting it and it happens to be true, then it’d only be leaking out because the two clubs have already come to a deal behind the scenes.

Dimma hinted at tweaking the game plan after recent losses.
We’ve since dramatically increased our uncontested numbers.
Tom Mitchell is the uncontested prototype.
Hawthorn want to rebuild, we want to contend.
It might be best for both clubs if we get proven midfield support and Hawthorn gets a 2nd rounder / packaged type deal / a young player under 22.

This dynasty was built through a mature period of time where we only traded 1 first rounder in 17 years, and that was for a 24yo proven gun mid vice captain former top 10 pick who perfectly complimented our young core stars in age and style of play.

So if true, I definitely wouldn’t expect the club to deviate from those values by trading a 1st rounder.

We don’t have a spare 1st rounder, we’ve just pushed one forward due to the covid draft, so we still need to use both picks.

Reactions: 1 users