Tom Stewart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Stewart

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
this is what I'd be taking to the AFL .. they must be under instruction ..

it's filthy .. Chris Scott is a nasty imbecile ..
Chris Scott template.

Coached by Matthews who yes was a great player but that incident with Bruns and subsequent outrage after it, there is no denying that those two ‘acts’ were pumped into the players head that if it wasn’t Stewart it would have been another Cats player.

I don’t care what they say it was Deliberate act.

How Stewart wasn’t made to earn every possession has me scratching my head.

At HT I’m sure the players would have been alerted to it.

But I guess like my coach use to say to me is ‘ play the ball’. I tell you it’s bloody hard too! How the players refrained from retaliating I admire in a sense as you would have been giving away free kicks/50’s to him.

Other hand if Cotch was playing he would have squared up if he had played…

Reactions: 3 users

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
There is no way he only gets 3 weeks. Prestia is effectively out for 2 if you include today’s game. Minimum of 4 weeks

Reactions: 4 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
The AFL are a gutless run organisation.
Similar to the Olympic Committee and UEFA
Dirty to the bone.
How on a sport in this era allow a plater to kod and the perpetrator can still remain on the ground has me fked.
This is 2 times in 3 yrs. Geelong have had us 1 down in the first 20 minutes of a game.
and its not just us. They do it in many games.
Even last week with McGovern and broken ribs.

Every major game, a key player from the opp is 'taken out' accidentally by a geelong player.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This is a test case for the AFL. lets see how serious they are about proecting the head.

I think this is a 6 week suspension. Probably 4 due to a clean record.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
and its not just us. They do it in many games.
Even last week with McGovern and broken ribs.

Every major game, a key player from the opp is 'taken out' accidentally by a geelong player.
What do you reckon 60 minutes
'Geelong whack to take full advantage'

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
This is a test case for the AFL. lets see how serious they are about proecting the head.

I think this is a 6 week suspension. Probably 4 due to a clean record.
It's 4 weeks or 5 weeks or 6 Weeks.
It bends us over our best midfielder is sitting on the bench and that fkknuckle stays on the ground.
I reckon they told Stewart when dangerflop comes back have a month off.
That's the dirtiest incident I've seen in a game since Gaff punched Bradshaw straight in the mouth

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Did Dion go off on a stretcher?

Trainer should've called for the stretcher straight away to at least stop the game.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
4 weeks reduced 2 if he accepts an early plea and then 1 of those games as a suspended sentence with the option of paying a $50 fine to cover the other game (as long as the fine is paid by Prestia)

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Thug.

Stewart on Prestia. Thuggish behaviour.

Dangerfield on Vlastuin. Thuggish behaviour.

Thugs.

There is no place for these players. Maybe in the 1970s but not now.

And the three umpires who did not stop the game to get the the injured player off the ground should hang their heads in shame.

Reactions: 12 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Did Dion go off on a stretcher?

Trainer should've called for the stretcher straight away to at least stop the game.
No stretcher but he was fked up. He got the 10 count twice and he still didn't know his mums name.
I couldn't believe noone went to Stewart ti smash him.
Nakas should hand back the keys that was weak from the captain.
Noone went in to fly the flag.
He took 100 intercept marks not one stray knee to his fken head.
Nothing, it was like they felt sorry for the dog.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
And the three umpires who did not stop the game to get the the injured player off the ground should hang their heads in shame.
surely this needs to be looked at by the morons in power ?

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Looked almost identical to Scott Turner’s bump on Gary O’Donnell in the 1995 Semi Final.
No way
What?
ODonnell was watching the ball come past him as he turned to face the ball, Turner was standing there, braced and ODonnell went straight into Turners shoulder.
Turner just waited for him to turn.
He knew he was going to take him out.
The Geelong Dog ran past the ball, aiming at Prestias head.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Read this *smile*. Are they describing the same incident I saw?

Stewart facing suspension for high hit
Geelong star Tom Stewart faces a nervous wait from the Match Review Officer after his high bump knocked out Dion Prestia in the first quarter. The three-time All-Australian bumped Prestia after the Tiger had tapped the ball on with his shoulder making contact to Prestia's head. The three-time premiership hero struggled to get to his feet and was eventually subbed out with a concussion. If it's graded as intentional and high impact it will result in a three-match ban, but if the MRO deems it to be severe impact then Stewart will front the Tribunal. Jeremy Cameron may also face scrutiny after appearing to grab at the eye region of Marlion Pickett during a wrestle.

Unbelievable.
Saying it was a bump, whilst almost suggesting accidental shoulder making contact with Prestia’s head.
No mention of him raising his elbow.
Can’t believe what I’m reading.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users