Tom Stewart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Stewart

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
For all Bomber Thompson’s issues Geelong was a great team with great players when he coached them. They played a great brand of footy and they played it the right way. Most of the footy world had great respect for them. Selwood was part of that but he lost my respect a long time ago.

Chris Scott is the architect of the absolute arsewipe of a club that Geelong has become. Ever since he has been there they have turned into a bunch of whinging, sooking, bleating turds. Playing homes games at the G, finals at the G, players like Selwood whinging at umpires every time they don’t get a free kick, Dangerfield staging and making everything about him (remember the 2020 GF lead up; Danger deserves a flag!), Hawkins getting away with illegal pushing and shoving in every marking contest; destroyed Soldo’s knee. None of that stuff happened when Bomber was coach. Home games and finals at the G only became an issue when Richmond beat them for the first time in 11 years. We destroyed them and they couldn’t deal with it.

Salty has turned that club into the AFL’s version of a public toilet. They are scum.

I couldn't agree more. I used to respect GFC as a club. Over the many years I've followed footy they've been a club to respect, not anymore. I now loathe them more than Collybush, Carltoon & Effinbun & boy that takes a lot to admit.

Reactions: 11 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
When Was the last time a Richmond player KO’d another player In the past 5 years? Houli? How many times have the Cats players done the same thing? Stewart, Dangerfield Hawkins, Cameron? They even KO’D their own player in the 2020GF. There is a pattern of behaviour and playing style here all coached by pricky. By the way don’t watch the front bar tonight unless you want to be triggered. Pricky himself is on.
I look at it this way. Their style of play wins them home and away games. Our style of play wins finals and premierships

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Did anyone else find the picture of Diverfield showed on the screen after each Geelong goal offensive? Just made me want to throw up.

I saw that and, frankly, thought it was contrived and embarrassing. A shocking piece of marketing. Sort of nice idea at the time but when you see the actual video you go, no, that didn't work let's try something else.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
For all Bomber Thompson’s issues Geelong was a great team with great players when he coached them. They played a great brand of footy and they played it the right way. Most of the footy world had great respect for them. Selwood was part of that but he lost my respect a long time ago.

Chris Scott is the architect of the absolute arsewipe of a club that Geelong has become. Ever since he has been there they have turned into a bunch of whinging, sooking, bleating turds. Playing homes games at the G, finals at the G, players like Selwood whinging at umpires every time they don’t get a free kick, Dangerfield staging and making everything about him (remember the 2020 GF lead up; Danger deserves a flag!), Hawkins getting away with illegal pushing and shoving in every marking contest; destroyed Soldo’s knee. None of that stuff happened when Bomber was coach. Home games and finals at the G only became an issue when Richmond beat them for the first time in 11 years. We destroyed them and they couldn’t deal with it.

Salty has turned that club into the AFL’s version of a public toilet. They are scum.
Very good post Ridley, and true. I've never thought about it like that. Back in the Bomber years I respected Geelong, aspired to be like them, I used to like Chapman, Bartell. Scott is an obnoxious ego-maniac, always has been as player and coach, and has recast the club in his image.

Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Very good post Ridley, and true. I've never thought about it like that. Back in the Bomber years I respected Geelong, aspired to be like them, I used to like Chapman, Bartell. Scott is an obnoxious ego-maniac, always has been as player and coach, and has recast the club in his image.
Bomber Thompson was a much more chilled coach than Scott.
Might have had something to do with the joints he used to smoke in the car park before training.

Reactions: 3 users

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
First live final that I really remember clearly. By my grandparent's radio. It was great as the pain was poured on.
Just thinking, 'Radio' or 'Wireless'. that is the question! (wasn't a tranny). Oh goodness, I'm a bit old...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Geelong have always been an arrogant country football club.
They would treat us like a bye/ percentage booster in the late 80's and most of the 90's. It continued under Cheech, I remember the fights in the crowd after game, (the Chris Hyde 4 goal game under Wallace), they couldn't believe they had lost. The week after they wanted the coach sacked and new president all because they lost to us.
People forget Malcolm blight, he never lost to us (was he coach on 1990??) but when he went to Adelaide he was the original Chris Scott, 'Pathetic by Pitman" lost to Richmond, walked out the coach's box 20 mins into the last qtr and walked around the boundary because we were beating them at football club.
They have always been a sook of a club.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Have you ever seen Cheech not relaxed??
Believe it or not but I sat directly across the isle from him on a flight from Melbourne to LA many years ago.
He was resplendent in a matching blue velour tracksuit.
And yes he looked very relaxed.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
AFL dodges response over ‘ridiculous’ Dion Prestia moment slammed by Richmond legend Matthew Richardson

League headquarter has chosen to let slide a bizarre passage of play that has AFL greats furious.

Harrison Reid
7news
30 June 2022

The AFL has refused to comment whether play should have been stopped while Dion Prestia was dazed and concussed on the ground during the Tigers’ thriller with the Cats on Saturday.

Tom Stewart was sent directly to the tribunal for a sickening hit that floored Prestia and has accepted his four-game ban.

While Prestia is believed to be recovering well, he was in serious trouble immediately after the hit and struggled to find his feet as trainers rushed in.

The footage that followed was hard to watch as the umpires made the bizarre decision to let play continue around Prestia, who was seeing stars.

When asked by 7NEWS.com.au why play wasn’t stopped, or if it was the correct decision to let play continue, an AFL spokesperson said the league was choosing not to comment.

Richmond legend Matthew Richardson told 7NEWS.com.au he couldn’t believe that play wasn’t stopped in the extreme circumstances.

“That was just ridiculous,” he said.

“Let’s be honest here, how can you have play going on when a player is distressed on the ground like that? We’ve got to have some common sense there – mainly for Dion Prestia and his health and well-being.”

The umpires’ first opportunity to stop play came just seconds after the hit, with Jack Graham being awarded a free kick just metres from Prestia.

But play wasn’t stopped and the ball went over Prestia’s head twice as subsequent opportunities to stop play came when marks were taken by Dylan Grimes and Tom Hawkins, all within kicking distance of Prestia who was yet to find his feet.

Ricahrdson said the risk to Prestia’s safety was clearly the main concern, but another element was the almost two minutes during which Geelong had one extra active player on the ground - from the moment Prestia was hit to when Cats forward Tyson Stengle made the Tigers pay with a crucial goal.

“It penalised Richmond,” Richardson told 7NEWS.com.au.

“They were playing 17 on 18 for what felt like a couple of minutes, and Tyson Stengle kicks a goal while Prestia’s lying on the ground.

“Play had to be stopped there – that’s just ridiculous that Richmond could be penalised like that.

“If we can’t have a game where the umpire can blow the whistle and say, ‘We have to stop the game’ when the ball is still near a guy in the state that Prestia was in – there is no common sense in that.”

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-...richmond-legend-matthew-richardson--c-7341249

Reactions: 3 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
The AFL have already made comment; they ‘ticked off the decision’.

Now give them your money you plebs.

• Haha

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
So by the afl ticking off the prestia hit they are saying that stopping the play for the baker hit was incorrect. They got one of them wrong and the football world knows which one

Reactions: 2 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Tweet from Konrad Marshall.

Chris Scott on @thefrontbar7 trying to summarise the Stewart hit on Prestia - and I REALLY wanted to let this incident go - but then he bloody well sums it up through the modern player prism as “two players running full speed” at one another. Seriously?

Was there any mention of stewart being a good bloke, i heard somewhere that he is?

• Haha

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Tweet from Konrad Marshall.

Chris Scott on @thefrontbar7 trying to summarise the Stewart hit on Prestia - and I REALLY wanted to let this incident go - but then he bloody well sums it up through the modern player prism as “two players running full speed” at one another. Seriously?

Obviously that is an outrageous lie.
Has he got any self-respect at all? (Rhetorical)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh, they were an admirable team that played great football. You wanted your side to be like them. They had a great defense and attacking flair. Not many unlikeable characters if any. Even though they routinely beat us for fun it was hard to "hate" them.

Now, they almost have no likeable characters. That they have a woeful big game record is so sweet. And no matter how much Scott tries to play the changed man, underneath it all is the same salty prick. Hopefully some poor finals performances will see him re-emerge.

• Haha