Tom Stewart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Stewart

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Has to be 8 weeks
You simply cannott take out a star and get less....otherwise it opens the door to take out the best with little punishmenr

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I'm staggered that he played the entire game and not once did one of our players try to pay him back.
They went into the game with intent. Cameron was swinging arms all game.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
Not one Richmond player remonstrated with Stewart....Weak as *smile*!
we showed more passion when Cripps pushed Prestia in the chest.

And then for the rest of the game we let him play loose across the backline racking up cheap kicks.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
No way
What?
ODonnell was watching the ball come past him as he turned to face the ball, Turner was standing there, braced and ODonnell went straight into Turners shoulder.
Turner just waited for him to turn.
He knew he was going to take him out.
The Geelong Dog ran past the ball, aiming at Prestias head.
O'Donnell is looking at Daffy kicking the ball, when he turns around Turner is standing there and takes him out.
Nothing like the Dog today View attachment 15786
Would be judged exactly the same way in today’s tribunal is more what I was getting at.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'm staggered that he played the entire game and not once did one of our players try to pay him back.
They went into the game with intent. Cameron was swinging arms all game.
Agree with all the outrage and disgust here. I am still furious; it has to be 6 wks IMO, but it's being overlooked that not long after Cameron (pretty sure it was him) went head high at Shai with a swinging arm too.

Thuggery. Livid that game wasn't stopped by umps; that poor Dion was not stretchered off - where is AFL's duty of care ... amongst all their sanctimonious BS re protecting players's heads, concussion protocols and the fines and penalties continually dished out to our guys for very dubious acts e.g. Nank and Marlion?

Livid with the blatantly rigged umpiring as well.

• Angry

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Just saw Salty’s presser and it reaffirmes to me that the Dion hit was pre-planned. Was going on and on about the impeccable character of Stewart and how he said he let the team down blah blah blah. It is so obvious we live in this pr!cks head rent free and will try any dirty tactic to beat us. I look forward to pantsing them again when it matters, in September.

• Love

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia

And then for the rest of the game we let him play loose across the backline racking up cheap kicks.
Lynchy could have used him as a knee bag. But as undisciplined as our players get touted as, we did the right thing.

Reactions: 1 users

LachlanGrant

Tiger Rookie
Oct 26, 2007
I watch a lot of football and this is uncharacteristic of Stewart. I think he is genuinely a fair player who *smile* up.

He should get 4 weeks, I'm basing this on the May/Martin precedent. I think there's more plausible deniability here. I expect 3 though.

I'm more upset about the game continuing whilst Prestia was in one of the most distressed states I've seen an AFL player.

I do feel like this is becoming a theme tho and next game we need to send a message.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

I think it was one of those ones that is so out of the ordinary that no-one really knew how to react.

There's obviously a lot of emotion in it right now, but I think it was really just a split second of Stewart losing focus and making a horrible mistake with horrible consequences.

I think the players non reaction was almost understanding that there's almost no malice in that, it's just a complete blank from the player involved.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Lynchy could have used him as a knee bag. But as undisciplined as our players get touted as, we did the right thing.
Yep, hurt him enough to make his contribution not worth being in the ground. We were down one player. Handicap them down a player.

Reactions: 1 user