Tom Stewart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Stewart

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Prestsia might get a couple for the vicious head butt to his shoulder. He left the ground, and made no attempt to avoid contact.
Stewart’s act is as weak and disgraceful as I’ve seen since the late 70’s/early 80’s where shirtfronts were commonplace.

They’d rightfully been taken out of the game over time until today. No excuse for Stewart - being brave is putting your head over the ball. He’s a dog & will always be remembered by me for that.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
lyon said six.

As far as I'm concerned Dangerfield and Stewart now fit neatly in the sniper jerks pigeonhole and there is no way out. Forever remembered for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 12 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
This is where the rules are lacking. We have a stupid stand rule,and deliberate OOBs rule(which cost us the game),and the goal review.why not an off the ball clash rule that sends the perp out of the game as well? The footage is clear Stewart lined Prestia up and hit him head high.Out you go.............................

Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Oh yes that deliberate out of bounds. Not wrong............moronic!

Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
He will get 2 max. Should get more for such a dog act, but he won’t. If that was tony Greene he’d get more.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
Was the dog even reported? I know he'll get cited, but the umpires need to send a message and report them on the spot. Reporting him would also most likely have stopped the game whilst Prestia left the ground.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Oh yes that deliberate out of bounds. Not wrong............moronic!

Assume you mean the one on Ross, who was being tackled and swung round by a Geelong player, yet apparently he was planning for that kick to go out of bounds. JJoke of a decision.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Was the dog even reported? I know he'll get cited, but the umpires need to send a message and report them on the spot. Reporting him would also most likely have stopped the game whilst Prestia left the ground.
yeah he was. All I can think is there was also a free and it was paid advantage, which it was in that play but wasn’t for the next 3 minutes. Assuming you can do that with a report?

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Biggest dog act in 15 years and bazza hall....anything less than 6 weeks will be disgracefull

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He will get 2 max. Should get more for such a dog act, but he won’t. If that was tony Greene he’d get more.

Yeah hell ring dion and say sorry and the footy show will all say what a good bloke he is and hell get 3

Scott knew top 4 was worth 6 so hell be stoked

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Agree entirely - video review would show clear intent - red card - gone for the game plus suspension to follow.

I also think the AFL need to get inventive and introduce an additional penalty of x number of games against the team offended against. So in this case I would give him four weeks, next 2 games and the next 2 times he plays against Richmond. This would make players think more of the consequence because they do not know when they may next play that team - could be a Grand Final.

But AFL will take soft option, 2 weeks down to 1 with a guilty plea!

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
off the ball. eyes only for Prestia.

Conduct: Intentional, Severe Impact, High Contact ...

by the book and MRO guidelines its 4+ Should be 6

Reactions: 10 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Will probably get 4 weeks because of the scrutiny on the incident but that doesn’t get us back the four points or Prestia for the next two weeks which is ultimately what it will cost us.

This also seems out to character for Stewart. One can only wonder what the Geelong players were directed to do before the match…

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Read this *smile*. Are they describing the same incident I saw?

Stewart facing suspension for high hit
Geelong star Tom Stewart faces a nervous wait from the Match Review Officer after his high bump knocked out Dion Prestia in the first quarter. The three-time All-Australian bumped Prestia after the Tiger had tapped the ball on with his shoulder making contact to Prestia's head. The three-time premiership hero struggled to get to his feet and was eventually subbed out with a concussion. If it's graded as intentional and high impact it will result in a three-match ban, but if the MRO deems it to be severe impact then Stewart will front the Tribunal. Jeremy Cameron may also face scrutiny after appearing to grab at the eye region of Marlion Pickett during a wrestle.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Read this *smile*. Are they describing the same incident I saw?

Stewart facing suspension for high hit
Geelong star Tom Stewart faces a nervous wait from the Match Review Officer after his high bump knocked out Dion Prestia in the first quarter. The three-time All-Australian bumped Prestia after the Tiger had tapped the ball on with his shoulder making contact to Prestia's head. The three-time premiership hero struggled to get to his feet and was eventually subbed out with a concussion. If it's graded as intentional and high impact it will result in a three-match ban, but if the MRO deems it to be severe impact then Stewart will front the Tribunal. Jeremy Cameron may also face scrutiny after appearing to grab at the eye region of Marlion Pickett during a wrestle.

Clearly severe impact so it's to the MoROns. Glad to see Egohead Cameron also sited.

Reactions: 3 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Ran PAST the footy. Dion wasn't even looking.

Gutless squib.

If AFL water this down, and we all know they will, then footy is officially cooked.

I hope we provide a medical report that says Dion thought Dwight Eisenhower was the prime minister during the concussion test, and that he stated Chris Scott was a pretty good bloke.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If they are fair dickum.
5 weeks the least.
6 weeks about right
Will get 4.
And that will send people flocking away from the game. The game is fked.
That a bloke can kod a player but be named in the best 3 on the ground while the victim is sitting on the bench in his track suit.
It's just a *smile* rule.
Stewart shouldve been told to follow Prestia off the ground at the same time.
We lose a player and the AFL rewards the prick by staying on the ground.
Just imagine if Pickett did it to a Geelong player. 12 yrs jail

Reactions: 7 users