Tom Stewart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Stewart

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Read this *smile*. Are they describing the same incident I saw?

Stewart facing suspension for high hit
Geelong star Tom Stewart faces a nervous wait from the Match Review Officer after his high bump knocked out Dion Prestia in the first quarter. The three-time All-Australian bumped Prestia after the Tiger had tapped the ball on with his shoulder making contact to Prestia's head. The three-time premiership hero struggled to get to his feet and was eventually subbed out with a concussion. If it's graded as intentional and high impact it will result in a three-match ban, but if the MRO deems it to be severe impact then Stewart will front the Tribunal. Jeremy Cameron may also face scrutiny after appearing to grab at the eye region of Marlion Pickett during a wrestle.

Just back from the game and I am furious.
Dog acts throughout the 1st Qtr by a few cats players to take us out. This was a disgusting, deliberate act.
And if anyone tries to tell you otherwise on this site - then they can go *smile* Off.

Every important game, Geelong do damage to an opp player. There is always a major injury to a key player.

And the *smile* free kick count has got me super pissed.

• Angry
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Read this *smile*. Are they describing the same incident I saw?

Stewart facing suspension for high hit
Geelong star Tom Stewart faces a nervous wait from the Match Review Officer after his high bump knocked out Dion Prestia in the first quarter. The three-time All-Australian bumped Prestia after the Tiger had tapped the ball on with his shoulder making contact to Prestia's head. The three-time premiership hero struggled to get to his feet and was eventually subbed out with a concussion. If it's graded as intentional and high impact it will result in a three-match ban, but if the MRO deems it to be severe impact then Stewart will front the Tribunal. Jeremy Cameron may also face scrutiny after appearing to grab at the eye region of Marlion Pickett during a wrestle.

Western you can bet ‘nothing to see here’.

Let’s hope from tomorrow we hear an ‘honest’ assessment.

Stewart 3-4
Cameron the sniper’ what are your fingers doing near Picketts eyes’ cops 2. You can’t be doing that !!!

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Surely even the AFL cannot grade that as high impact. If thats not severe impact, what do you need to do? Kill someone?

Reactions: 4 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
This is sooo late. The ball is >5 metres away. And Prestia is on tippytoes so it's not like he ducked into it. Severe impact, intentional, not in play. Straight to tribunal surely.
dogact.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 12 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dog acts throughout the 1st Qtr by a few cats players to take us out. This was a disgusting, deliberate act.
And if anyone tries to tell you otherwise on this site - then they can go *smile* Off.

Every important game, Geelong do damage to an opp player. There is always a major injury to a key player.

Prickhead has just upped the ante next time we meet.

Reactions: 2 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Surely even the AFL cannot grade that as high impact. If thats not severe impact, what do you need to do? Kill someone?
Its because its a Geelong player.
Watch Scott work his PR *smile* and all the Geelong media dilute this down

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Booing Stewart must be compulsory in all games.
That shitt was from the 70's/80's. That was Jimmy Edmond on Russell Morris

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Maybe the red card has to be brought in, It has to be specific (none of this grey crap that we get with other decisions), but if you knock someone out and the ARC (they should do it) deems the incident to be a reportable incident, then they should be forced to be subbed out of the game. Losing a player and playing 17 v 18 (bearing in mind we have the medi sub) is too big a penalty, but agree with others that it doesn't sit right, that Prestia has to go off, Richmond severely impacted and Stewart can go on to be one of the best and most influential players on the ground.

• Angry

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Ive been to the AFL site to re-watch the incident - and all of a sudden, the video is spooling and not showing the incident.

These *smile* at the AFL have done it on purpose. How's the *smile* headline - All Australian defender.
Sniping dirty Scott tactics - just like Danger at the GF.

I am ropeable

And why not stop the game. We were one player down.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I'm really disappointed that no one went to Stewart and ragged dolled the dog into the fence.
I saw Geoff Miles end Michael Pickering career at Richmond in a similiar incident in the late 80's.
I'm angry

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Maybe the red card has to be brought in, It has to be specific (none of this grey crap that we get with other decisions), but if you knock someone out and the ARC (they should do it) deems the incident to be a reportable incident, then they should be forced to be subbed out of the game. Losing a player and playing 17 v 18 (bearing in mind we have the medi sub) is too big a penalty, but agree with others that it doesn't sit right, that Prestia has to go off, Richmond severely impacted and Stewart can go on to be one of the best and most influential players on the ground.
The AFL are a gutless run organisation.
Similar to the Olympic Committee and UEFA
Dirty to the bone.
How on a sport in this era allow a plater to kod and the perpetrator can still remain on the ground has me fked.
This is 2 times in 3 yrs. Geelong have had us 1 down in the first 20 minutes of a game.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
this is what I'd be taking to the AFL .. they must be under instruction ..

it's filthy .. Chris Scott is a nasty imbecile ..

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne

Typical Scott mentality!

I REALLY hope that we gret to play them in the finals again, or if that doesn't happen, they reach the GF again and..............get rammed up the arse!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just saw on Fox, Prickhead hugging Stewart. Along with Suckwood smiling at him. What scum.

• Angry